Flight of Fear the good bad and the ugly

Kingsislandfanboy2017

Funny enough, even after all of these years of riding and getting on the biggest baddest of what the human imagination can currently conceive realistically, I find FoF to be one of those rare experiences where no matter how many times I’ve ridden it, I still find myself brimmed with excitement when lining up for it. There is something magical about walking up into that UFO and watching those classic space themed trains take off into the darkness. The sound of the LIMs will be imprinted in my mind for as long as I live. There simply aren’t any other rides I can think of that give me the same feeling of excitement and. FoF is a unique gem for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 8:40 PM, Aha! Did you know that? said:

Does anyone actually know why it stops so hard in the middle of the ride? I don't remember it ever doing that before. I took my kid on it during Haunt, really excited to show him the ride, and this ruined his experience.

Paramount went through a kick in the mid-late 90's where they wanted a set of closed brakes between trains whenever possible.  OLFoF used to skim through the mid-course brakes.  As did Vortex.  In my personal experience, both were much better prior to the change (especially Vortex).

Both rides had limited runs in their original form after they received new control systems (or reprograms), but they didn't last long,

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

Paramount went through a kick in the mid-late 90's where they wanted a set of closed brakes between trains whenever possible.  OLFoF used to skim through the mid-course brakes.  As did Vortex.  In my personal experience, both were much better prior to the change (especially Vortex).

Both rides had limited runs in their original form after they received new control systems (or reprograms), but they didn't last long,

I'm fairly certain that Cedar Fair had a similar thing early in their operations at KI, along with removing trains on rides in the rain.

• 1 month later...

I am pretty sure this has been posted before somewhere on KIC but I love it.  Thought maybe some new folks has never seen it before.  But here is a video by Dane Thomas of KIC . . it just came up on my Recommended YouTube list today.  I wonder if they'll change any effects for the new Area 72 experience inside the spaghetti bowl.  But I think this video is really cool.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rlentless said:

I am pretty sure this has been posted before somewhere on KIC but I love it.  Thought maybe some new folks has never seen it before.  But here is a video by Dane Thomas of KIC . . it just came up on my Recommended YouTube list today.  I wonder if they'll change any effects for the new Area 72 experience inside the spaghetti bowl.  But I think this video is really cool.

I can feel the vibrations in my teeth lol. Crazy how some of the elements look and how they feel when on it.

• Like 2

Also would like to see the audio get turned up. The load/unload has some themed audio that would nice to hear. Especially preferred over the ride op on the mic. The music in the ride building would also be nice to hear beyond mostly just at the brake run (I know that's tougher because it is a pretty loud ride). But never understood why they keep the queue/station audio so low, same with Adventure Express. Neat little theming touches that could be remedied easily.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Snowball said:

I’d love to see the spaghetti bowl get a lighting upgrade at some point. Some new effects would be pretty neat.

I agree. The colored floods, while better now as LED than a few years ago with old cracked gels and almost no color, do little to create an experience. Even though it didn’t relate to the old story, a complete star field with moving sparks of light in the darkness would be more disorienting and could tie into the new theme. 

• Like 2