Vote Wintefest in a 10 Best USA Today Poll

IndyGuy4KI

42 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I honestly don't feel anyone should be able to vote in these kinda things without proving somehow that they went to all of them on the list. Also because of that I think voting should be in Jan and not before said event even starts. But what the heck do I know.

I believe they do this because people planning the trips will already have the results while the event is going on so they can visit it this year.

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

I honestly don't feel anyone should be able to vote in these kinda things without proving somehow that they went to all of them on the list. Also because of that I think voting should be in Jan and not before said event even starts. But what the heck do I know.

Much of this is like the Golden Ticket Awards.  "Dollywood won last year so they must still have the best Christmas event, even though I've never been to it."   That's how the same parks typically win over and over.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

These polls always make me smh. 

KI Winterfest is 2nd in voting yet 2019 Winterfest has not started yet.

Wouldn't it be funny if a park without a winterfest type event like Cedar Point got their park on the nomination list and then see where it ranks lol:P

This would demonstrate the validity of the results....no doubt a park would get votes simply on name recognition and could probably crack Top 10 with no event....

22 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I think voting should be in Jan and not before said event even starts. But what the heck do I know.

They do this with the Haunt polls as well. You would think these would be after the event for the year, but instead they have them before the event even starts or barely into it.

They are still fun to participate in and see who wins.

I am surprised that KI did not really add anything new for Winterfest like the new lighted Christmas parade which was selected by Cedar Fair to strangely debut at Carowinds instead of KI.   Looking at the weatherbug KI webcam, Istreet looks very bland without the large trees containing canopies of lights and the heights of the old pedestal wire frame lights on the ice rink to compliment the overall lighted atmosphere.  To move up in rankings (today currently #3), KI is likely going to have to step up their decorations and new versions of entertainment for the future. Both Branson and Dollywood have stepped up and added additional lights/decorations and show this year (and if you have not visited these two parks before, it’s a must on the Christmas time travel list as two of my favorites)

• Like 1

I’m really disappointed in CF for not doing the parade here. I mean basically KI “gave birth” to WinterFest. To me it should be the flagship event for KI, and KI should be the flagship park for it (as in all new concepts go to KI first) especially when the infrastructure is in place from CARNIVALE. 

• Like 1