Sign in to follow this  
Ben43065

Kings Dominion Rumored to get 2021 Wing coaster

I like Wing coasters. We all know KD is due for a coaster. This looks ok. It is a little short in terms of height and length, but height especially. On the other hand it does pack a punch with five inversions in that time. Looking forward to see how this progresses.

• Like 1

I remember seeing a while back a Concept art of a monster jam themed wing coaster, could we maybe see it become reality?

4 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I remember seeing a while back a Concept art of a monster jam themed wing coaster, could we maybe see it become reality?

.....oh my god, you might be right!

Been on all the Norrh American wing coasters. Liked 2 of them. Thunderbird Wild Eagle.   This one doesn't look to make my nice list. 

• Like 1

Kings Dominion just announced Volcano’s closure this year, and they might be replacing it in 2021! This gives me hope that Kings Island will also soon have plans to replace Vortex!

• Like 2

This is pretty cool! I actually saw a Youtube POV of that "Hot Go" Wing Coaster model (called "Heaven's Wing") and I thought it looked like a very cool design (sort of like a regular B&M sitdown, but as a Wing Coaster). I'd be ecstatic if that actually happened; it would be another excuse to get back there (in addition to Dominator, The Crypt and everything else I didn't get to do in/has been added since 2001).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Seems rather small but surprising they maybe getting something so soon.

https://kdfans.com/2019/wing-coaster-leak/ 

So from what I’ve gathered, from initial talks to opening a ride with B&M is about a 5 year turnaround. If they haven’t even hammered out a layout then they must be pretty early. Let’s say 2023 or so. Not sure if I’d say that the replacement is “so soon” although I suppose that comment would be relative. Glad to see they’ll be getting attention over there at KD, though.

4 hours ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I like Wing coasters. We all know KD is due for a coaster. This looks ok. It is a little short in terms of height and length, but height especially. On the other hand it does pack a punch with five inversions in that time. Looking forward to see how this progresses.

I agree. Sometimes smaller is better. I’m in the minority here, but I prefer Twisted Timbers to Steel Vengeance. KD has a smaller version of everything but what they have seems to count pound for pound.

3 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Been on all the Norrh American wing coasters. Liked 2 of them. Thunderbird Wild Eagle.   This one doesn't look to make my nice list. 

Me too (except X Flight). Wild Eagle is okay but nothing to write home about but Thunderbird is really the only song coaster that blew me away. If KI were to get one I really hope it’d be launched.

3 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Kings Dominion just announced Volcano’s closure this year, and they might be replacing it in 2021! This gives me hope that Kings Island will also soon have plans to replace Vortex!

Ugh... You’ve got to remember that they could theoretically put in a new coaster as early as ‘21. If a coaster does replace it, it won’t be until KI’s cycle of a higher capex comes around, which historically is every 5 years. Kind of a bummer, but we will likely have an empty plot of land there for quite some time. 

• Like 2

I think this would be a great addition to KD. Wing coasters are crowd pleasers with the GP and that is all that matters. Some of the comments I have seen on twitter are just disgusting it really gives all enthusiasts a bad name. It is very unfortunate and I feel like we keep saying how it’s KI enthusiasts but now you see some KD and I have even seen some Busch gardens enthusiasts complaining about the 2021 project. If i was potentially getting 2 coasters back to back I don’t care what it is there is no way I would be complaining what it could be when they have no idea what it is yet. Just like KD this is the first draft so KD could end up with something totally different. 

• Like 1