Another big announcement coming from Cedar Point Dec 11

1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

No way they announce a coaster imo 

Yeah, if they were adding something like a roller coaster, there would have been land clearing and stuff during the 2019 season: I went during Halloweekends in September and there was none of that.

The big rumor I have heard is that in 2020, the beloved former family boat ride Paddlewheel Excursions is supposed to return. I would also not rule out some sort of dark ride.

• Like 2

It simply makes almost no sense to add a rollercoaster this upcoming year. They’re already going to have a lot of growth next year with the success of the Gold pass. Adding a rollercoaster wouldn’t do that much in increasing the attendance more. Also it’d make much more sense for them to have already announced it & attempt to advertise it with Orion to boast platinum pass sales.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, McSalsa said:

Yeah, if they were adding something like a roller coaster, there would have been land clearing and stuff during the 2019 season: I went during Halloweekends in September and there was none of that.

The big rumor I have heard is that in 2020, the beloved former family boat ride Paddlewheel Excursions is supposed to return. I would also not rule out some sort of dark ride.

I think the same. The year will be focused on history for the 150th to a degree and they have confirmed a river expedition attraction. I wouldn't be surprised to see it include the return of the Paddlewheel. I'm guessingthe announcement will be more information on this attraction. Possibly the boat's return and what sort of story and theming it will have.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I would like to see a gci or a flyer

I don't think we're going to see a new flyer come to any CF park in the forseeable future, B&M or otherwise...

They tend to have some of the slowest dispatch times, cost more to operate, less reliable, and for a lot of people, are just plain uncomfortable.

While I enjoyed Firehawk, I can't say I particularly cared much for the B&M flyer I've ridden. Starting and ending in the flying position I found to be incredibly uncomfortable, and not rerideable in the slightest.

One of those rare times that a Vekoma greatly outshines a B&M...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeastForever said:

I don't think we're going to see a new flyer come to any CF park in the forseeable future, B&M or otherwise...

They tend to have some of the slowest dispatch times, cost more to operate, less reliable, and for a lot of people, are just plain uncomfortable.

While I enjoyed Firehawk, I can't say I particularly cared much for the B&M flyer I've ridden. Starting and ending in the flying position I found to be incredibly uncomfortable, and not rerideable in the slightest.

One of those rare times that a Vekoma greatly outshines a B&M...

Which B&M flyer have you ridden? I'm surprised you rank Vekoma's above B&M's too - in my opinion, the B&M ones are far smoother, appear to have a much higher capacity, and just look a lot prettier.

• Like 2

I should have clarified. It was Superman at SFGAdv.

While I would admit Tatsu, Manta, and their flyers overseas look to be great rides (and probably are superior to three flying dutchmen), I still just don't think I would want a B&M flyer at KI, for the simple reason of the fly-to-lie configuration.  One of the most uncormfortable experiences I've ever had on a ride. Once, I got stuck on the brake run for a good 10 minutes at SFGAdv, felt like I was going to pass out

Meanwhile, I never had any problem with Vekoma's lie-to-fly. I guess I'm in the minority on that. I'll take the risk of a sunburn over all the blood rushing to my head...

Yes, Nighthawk is very rough (I've heard/read), but I always found Firehawk to be smooth. Batwing, I've heard mixed things reagarding its smoothness...

All I'm saying is that the one Vekoma Flyer (Firehawk) I found to be much more enjoyable than the one B&M flyer (Superman) I've ridden.

B&M flyers are better capacity than Vekoma's, but still not nearly as good as B&M Dives, Wings, Floorless etc They also seem to have a fair amount of downtime as well (although perhaps still not as much as Vekoma flyers)

If a custom B&M flyer were to come KI, or another CF park sometime in the future, I suppose it would be a welcome addition, but holistically speaking there are just so much better options to be had IMO.