Unofficial Mystic Timbers Polar Plunge

Oldiesmann

In light of Six Flags Great Adventure's "Polar Coaster Challenge" (ride Nitro in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt, optionally with hats and gloves, in December), FYE Coasters is doing a similar event with Mystic Timbers on December 13th...

https://www.facebook.com/events/968790716839078/

Polar Plunge 2019!!! Who would like to show off their love for their favorite park during WinterFest? Well here’s your chance to join us, FYECoasters and prove your worthy of being called a real fan of this coaster lifestyle as we take a blistering ride down our favorite GCI coaster (at KI). The only catch is we want to do this special ride in our summer attire, that’s right we want to see you in your shorts and tee-shirts but with only our bravest riders in a tank top... who’s down to show your love for coasters???

(Note that, unlike the one at SFGAdv, this is not sanctioned or sponsored by the park in any way).

Paging @malem...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malem said:

I doubt I'll be at the park when FYE does their polar meetup, but I'll probably wear shorts and a t-shirt to Winterfest at least once this season.

A roller coaster ride is short enough that exposure to windchill isn't dangerous at temperatures the rides operate in. What gets you is walking through the park and waiting in line.

Yeah thats true. Hopefully its not to cold when they do it. 

1 hour ago, malem said:

I doubt I'll be at the park when FYE does their polar meetup, but I'll probably wear shorts and a t-shirt to Winterfest at least once this season.

A roller coaster ride is short enough that exposure to windchill isn't dangerous at temperatures the rides operate in. What gets you is walking through the park and waiting in line.

Mystic has lockers you could use so the only issue is a line. I would only do this if they arranged some kinda skip the line for the group.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks Iike it might rain Friday night and no I don't plan on visiting again until Ugly Sweater day. Edit was gonna go Ugly sweater day for a free "sweater" but the wording on King's Island site was really misleading. I'm glad they finally posted a pic. I thought the first 3000 people were going to get an Ugly Christmas sweater with a Coke bottle pictured on it. But its actually a sweater for a soda bottle. So I might go Wed if its warm enough for Mystic to run.

• Like 1