Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

4 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

Looks like the transfer track is just completely moved over, that's what they do when they remove the trains.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The only thing I mentioned was it appears that the concrete wall was removed, I’m willing to bet the dual storage tracks that were in the garage were removed and what you see in that pic with the trains and lift motor 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Half of the lift hill chaser lights were not working right for most of the season anyways. Maybe they just didn't bother to turn them on for Winterfest like they do Racer.

I would be willing to bet Vortex is in lock out/tag out mode as they start taking electrical equipment off 

• Like 2

Earlier in the thread [mention=23]BoddaH1994[/mention] posted a photo that showed Vortex’s train cars, the lift hill motor & in the bottom of the photo there’s some Vortex track.

That track you’re referring to could be the track that leads out of the station and to the lift hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I'm interested in knowing why they are already starting the demolition process. Son of Beast took 3 years from its closer before they started tearing it down. They did that because they had plans for Banshee. So do they already have big plans for that land in the near future. Just seems like a repeat of Firehawk to me. What are your thoughts?

3 hours ago, CoasterNerd said:

I'm interested in knowing why they are already starting the demolition process. Son of Beast took 3 years from its closer before they started tearing it down. They did that because they had plans for Banshee. So do they already have big plans for that land in the near future. Just seems like a repeat of Firehawk to me. What are your thoughts?

One of many reasons it sat was maybe due to potential lawsuits. Or the park suing the manufacturer. Or maybe they didn't know what to do with it. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I just hope they are able to reuse the station.  That station is one of my all time favorites!  Anymore now that are just a rectangle with a roof over the top of it. 

I hope so too.  I remember that ride house for The Bat, which I got to ride twice!  I loved the original Bat!  I was never a big Vortex fan, but that land and ride house are almost sacred....

• Like 1

It's gonna be tough to see it go, but we also recently lost the legendary mountain at Kings Dominion, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it go. 

On another note, I don't think it has fully set in that Vortex is gone yet and I really don't think it will until it starts coming down. 

18 minutes ago, foze.bear said:

I hope so too.  I remember that ride house for The Bat, which I got to ride twice!  I loved the original Bat!  I was never a big Vortex fan, but that land and ride house are almost sacred....

Unfortunately I don’t see that happening. The antique cars really bottlenecked that area if a new coaster was to use that ride house. Like others have said Cedar Fair likes to have big turnstile lines and that house would not work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hueney020 said:

Unfortunately I don’t see that happening. The antique cars really bottlenecked that area if a new coaster was to use that ride house. Like others have said Cedar Fair likes to have big turnstile lines and that house would not work. 

Why wouldn't it?  You could use underneath the station. Not to mention there would also be plenty of land available in the current Vortex ride area. Could make for some really unique interactive moments. Only time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Hueney020 said:

They could  expand the bottom section of the ride house if it was necessary, I don’t find it to be impossible. However with the recent direction Cedar Fair has been heading with theming I’d suspect they’d just want to start over with a new station and new queue house.

10 hours ago, CoasterNerd said:

I am going to say they probably hoped to salvage it somehow, someway.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Let's be honest, that queue house is probably going to be salvaged as a haunted house. It'll be the "new" haunted attraction one year, be staffed really well the first two weekends, and then will fall apart after all the temporary decorations and "theming" fail to hold up. 

I would put it at 90% that it's a haunt next year, it's a big building and they could potentially even go out into "the woods" from there.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:17 AM, super7 said:

I just hope they do t whack down the trees inside of the turn around after the first drop.   Kings Islands tree cover gets more sparse each year and those trees will make The Beast more exposed if they are destroyed.  

Did you mean to say don't?

On 11/25/2019 at 12:56 PM, Gordon Bombay said:

Let's be honest, that queue house is probably going to be salvaged as a haunted house. It'll be the "new" haunted attraction one year, be staffed really well the first two weekends, and then will fall apart after all the temporary decorations and "theming" fail to hold up. 

1. Tear it down and replace it with a dedicated prefab steel building.

2. Add classy looking graffiti on the side of the building for good measure a la Club Blood.

3. Make it a "premium" haunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2