Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

4 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Some coaster channels get more critiques than others. 

Let's all be respectful of other channels, fans or not.

Critiques usually happen on horrible videos. I'm just calling it on clickbait. Stating "NO MORE ICONIC STATION!!!" is absolutely incorrect and they're just posting it on the forum for views.

• Like 3

On 12/21/2019 at 6:01 PM, Ben43065 said:

Some nice info regarding Vortex 0FD27C91-86C9-42F4-A2CE-2F76269F7706.jpegCF20201C-6281-43DF-92EC-8A8F2E4FF294.jpeg6E63E7E9-890D-4447-AFCF-6A4F28DB22C7.jpeg

As for the deconstruction, if nothing is going in there in the foreseeable future what is the rush? Locking in the labor rates of today vs projected? Steel is at a premium for scrap? Something is coming sooner than later? As tight lipped as they were about Orion with even with all the clearing and work going on for the  site, my gut tells me they wont even remotely acknowledge it till as late in the game as possible. At least that is my overstated opinion to which I have no facts to back it up with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waltny said:

As for the deconstruction, if nothing is going in there in the foreseeable future what is the rush? Locking in the labor rates of today vs projected? Steel is at a premium for scrap? Something is coming sooner than later? As tight lipped as they were about Orion with even with all the clearing and work going on for the  site, my gut tells me they wont even remotely acknowledge it till as late in the game as possible. At least that is my overstated opinion to which I have no facts to back it up with. 

Well I do know that Don kinda hinted at the replacement for Firehawk last year during the GOCC Christmas Party. I say the fact they have come out saying that there are absolutely no plans at the moment for Vortex and did not even mention the idea of at least taking a look at the land after demolition like they talked about with Firehawk tells me there is absolutely no plans for that space at the moment. 

Here is a link to Don's speech at the GOCC Christmas Party last year: 

• Like 2

Well I do know that Don kinda hinted at the replacement for Firehawk last year during the GOCC Christmas Party. I say the fact they have come out saying that there are absolutely no plans at the moment for Vortex and did not even mention the idea of at least taking a look at the land after demolition like they talked about with Firehawk tells me there is absolutely no plans for that space at the moment. 
Here is a link to Don's speech at the GOCC Christmas Party last year: 

I got the opposite from watching that. Don gave a big diatribe about deciding to remove it during the summer and how it was a maintenance problem yada yada. I’m sure they already have an exact plan on what they will be putting in or at least have started taking bids and designs.
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I highly doubt there's nothing in the works for replacement of Vortex. The park just isn't going to say what's in plan this early. That defeats the purpose of future marketing for whatever is to come 1-2 years down the road for whatever that ride might be.

AnnM.jpg

“Nothing” in the works? You’re probably right. They have some vague idea. Much of this involves looking well ahead. Plans change. A lot. They know this.  I’ve heard things from people who were directly involved with projects and they ended up not happening. Even I was involved in a project and a big part of it was cut at the 11th hour. That’s just the nature of The Beast... no pun intended. 

There will be a replacement for Vortex, just don’t hold your breath. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I highly doubt there's nothing in the works for replacement of Vortex. The park just isn't going to say what's in plan this early. That defeats the purpose of future marketing for whatever is to come 1-2 years down the road for whatever that ride might be.

AnnM.jpg

We're finally getting that brand new bathroom expansion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Crazy to think tomorrow is the last time I’ll be able to see Vortex In person, still feels unreal.

I've wondered if it won't still be there come April? Probably not. But if there's no plans for the site it still looks better than a huge empty lot.

8 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I wouldn’t think they would put the entire Vortex train on but maybe just use it for parts for the current trains in Carolina Cyclone. 

You might be right. I saw a post on FB from a Carowinds fan page showing the train was there under Fury.

• Like 2