Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

Just now, IndyGuy4KI said:

With the moving of the webcam back towards the Orion lift hill and Vortex being out of view. I am guessing demo of Vortex will be starting withing days.

I know its sad....ill try and be up there soon and get some shots of it if i can. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Outdoor Man said:

Not sure why they would move the webcam away- mourners could just view from the website as opposed to terrible attempts, and at times, questionable tactics.

Seems like they would just leave it where it was for the duration, but who am I?

If the reason to move it was so that we couldn’t watch Vortex’s demolition, they would have moved the Diamondback camera too. They didn’t. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KIghostguy said:

If the reason to move it was so that we couldn’t watch Vortex’s demolition, they would have moved the Diamondback camera too. They didn’t. 

I would think they'd solve a lot of headaches by positioning a camera squarely over the action.  I can about guarantee unauthorized drone fly-overs or even borderline-trespassing may take place to grab a photo.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outdoor Man said:

Not sure why they would move the webcam away- mourners could just view from the website as opposed to terrible attempts, and at times, questionable tactics.

Seems like they would just leave it where it was for the duration, but who am I?

Just like they did with Banshee, Diamondback, Mystic, and now Orion during key construction moments I guarantee they will magically turn off for "updates" during testing.

Just kind of comes off like MJ putting a blanket on his kids to prevent any paparazzi pictures. 

Just now, BeeastFarmer said:

I thought the Firehawk videos were well done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I thought so too. My gripe is why does Cedar Fair blur the lens of the cams we want to see. 

Aka Copperhead Strike and now Diamondback cam. Lol 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

The Diamondback cam has been hazy for years now. It has been running since 2008 after all.

yeah but not this bad. I mean i could actually see Vortex and Diamondback before. Now you can't see anything but the light on the tower lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sixflags82 said:

Top is November 2019 and bottom is today, the fog on the cam is crazy now

2CD5B97B-406A-4C26-8CC5-3A65CCF207FB.png

Management said " You want webcams, we will give you webcams. We never said would you would be able to see anything with them...."que the Dr Evil laugh

Of course that is my though on it, as they are up there smearing a little mud or Vaseline on the dome.

• Like 4

So, to be clear on the web cams being moved...

I highly doubt the concern is that the demolition of Vortex poses any type of risk of an accident or whatever.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the razing of a ride is often less dangerous than building.  When Vortex comes down, it comes down how they want it to, when they want it to, where they want it to.   They are very good at what they do.  Building a ride consists of people literally 300' in the air screwing in bolts.  That just sounds far more dangerous to me,

The truth is, the park is within the right to point the web cams where they want.  They simply have a much bigger benefit from people looking forward to 2020 rather than backwards.  They want you (and the news media, which you influence) talking about the next hill going up rather than the next hill coming down... no pun intended.  Is it fair?  Not really.  I'd be fascinated to see the structure come down.  Almost a morbid curiosity.  But at the same time.  Not my park, not my web cams.  I'm just glad we have the one facing Orion positioned in a way in which you can see the whole ride still.  I was worried about only having the hill again, which would make for a boring couple of months!

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So, to be clear on the web cams being moved...

I highly doubt the concern is that the demolition of Vortex poses any type of risk of an accident or whatever.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the razing of a ride is often less dangerous than building.  When Vortex comes down, it comes down how they want it to, when they want it to, where they want it to.   They are very good at what they do.  Building a ride consists of people literally 300' in the air screwing in bolts.  That just sounds far more dangerous to me,

The truth is, the park is within the right to point the web cams where they want.  They simply have a much bigger benefit from people looking forward to 2020 rather than backwards.  They want you (and the news media, which you influence) talking about the next hill going up rather than the next hill coming down... no pun intended.  Is it fair?  Not really.  I'd be fascinated to see the structure come down.  Almost a morbid curiosity.  But at the same time.  Not my park, not my web cams.  I'm just glad we have the one facing Orion positioned in a way in which you can see the whole ride still.  I was worried about only having the hill again, which would make for a boring couple of months!

Questions is why not just point that cam somewhere else and not make it a blurry mess lol Kinda looks bad like they have junk cams. ( I know they are not).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Questions is why not just point that cam somewhere else and not make it a blurry mess lol Kinda looks bad like they have junk cams. ( I know they are not).

I don't think the Diamondback cam having a haze to it is intentional.  I think it just got junk on it a long time ago and no one has ever cleaned it off. 

The cams are very standard.  Not junk.  Not great.  They serve their purpose. 

Also, there is far more of an art to choosing where to point the cameras, especially when the park is open.  Ever notice how you can't really see people, for the most part?  That's simply because they don't want you looking at the web cams and saying, "Nah.  Park's busy today.  I'll pass."  Same principle as not seeing ride wait times until you're in the park. I know that people like "you" (as in, most of you guys and gals) can probably judge how busy the park is based off of seeing sections of the Diamondback or Banshee line, but the vast majority can't.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don't think the Diamondback cam having a haze to it is intentional.  I think it just got junk on it a long time ago and no one has ever cleaned it off. 

The cams are very standard.  Not junk.  Not great.  They serve their purpose. 

Also, there is far more of an art to choosing where to point the cameras, especially when the park is open.  Ever notice how you can't really see people, for the most part?  That's simply because they don't want you looking at the web cams and saying, "Nah.  Park's busy today.  I'll pass."  Same principle as not seeing ride wait times until you're in the park. I know that people like "you" (as in, most of you guys and gals) can probably judge how busy the park is based off of seeing sections of the Diamondback or Banshee line, but the vast majority can't.  

I agree. I just know the DB cam was not this bad (hazy) during the summer. Its looks like someone wrapped it in a gray wal mart plastic bag lol I am just talkin crap for fun. im not worried. We have NEVER seen a coaster come down live on web cam .i do not suspect KI will start now either lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I agree. I just know the DB cam was not this bad (hazy) during the summer. Its looks like someone wrapped it in a gray wal mart plastic bag lol I am just talkin crap for fun. im not worried. We have NEVER seen a coaster come down live on web cam .i do not suspect KI will start now either lol

The seasonal weather does effect moisture conditions in everything not climate controlled.

• Like 1