Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

47 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

excuses excuses! lol Weren't the DB cam and Banshee cams there first then the MT cam later?

If memory serves me correctly the Diamondback cam was the first put into operation when they started building it in the winter of 2008. I believe the other ones came online later during the construction of their rides. I'd need to be backed up though. I'm not entirely certain.

• Like 1

Either or. They just had a guy up there messing with the cams and the DB cam was not that bad until after that. That is why I think they put something on the lens or the outside of the cover to make it look this way. No biggie. They would never actually show the live demo of Vortex on a webcam imo.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, at corporate offices, the dark hooded webcam guy spies on the DB cam discourse at KIC, grins and presses his fingers together ominously.

"Everything is going according to plan.

MuhahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

I'm pretty sure that the Diamondback cam of today is a completely different camera than the original one that was installed. If I recall correctly, the Diamondback construction cam was not a live camera and was a cam that only updated every few minutes or so. 

I agree with this. The original Diamondback camera did not provide live video. It took individual pictures and would move from point to point around the ride. I don't remember when the change was, but this isn't the original Diamondback camera.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Not trying to shut down the webcam discussion, but somehow we went from Vortex removal to webcam discussion. lol:lol:

Well it all started back on a cold January day. A man climbed the tower and moved the Orion cam. Therefore moving Vortex out of sight. That's how we got here.. It is semi on topic because we can still make out Vortex barely on the DB cam. It all makes sense in my head! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Well it all started back on a cold January day. A man climbed the tower and moved the Orion cam. Therefore moving Vortex out of sight. That's how we got here.. It is semi on topic because we can still make out Vortex barley on the DB cam. It all makes sense in my head! lol

hmmm.  Vortex barley... that sounds gross.

• Haha 6

Not trying to incite a panic or anything, but I am starting to think they have removed the batwing.  The picture isn't the greatest, but my work monitor gets the Kings Island logo out of the corner, so it's the best we're going to get.....  Thoughts???

image.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outdoor Man said:

hmmm.  Vortex barley... that sounds gross.

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Fixed haha yeah i may at least try a food made with that lol

Breaking: New for 2020 Chef Major is serving up two new delicious treats for the coaster enthusiast. Introducing Soylent Blue and Soylent Orange!   For a limited time only,

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Born_in_'72 said:

Not trying to incite a panic or anything, but I am starting to think they have removed the batwing.  The picture isn't the greatest, but my work monitor gets the Kings Island logo out of the corner, so it's the best we're going to get.....  Thoughts???

image.png

13 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I still think I can see the outline of the Batwing element, however it’s very hard to make out that area.

If we only had someone new who could fly with out pilot guy!!?? I volunteer myself if the pilot wants to take a trip AROUND KI. Not over or in!  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Born_in_'72 said:

image.png

The Bat wing can be seen from the dropoff parking lot, not always clearly but they can be seen. I’ll swing by in the morning and see if I can substantiate this claim. I got a great sun rise shot on Sunday they were visible. 

• Like 2

Chances are we will not be able to determine specific elements with Vortex's demo. using the webcams. Ground level observations are most likely ineffective since most views of Vortex are obstructed from outside the park. I agree with @Maverick44. We need areal shots to get the best quality pictures of Vortex's demo.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

You really think KI won't be taking photos of The Vortex demo?

C'mon. 

They will definitely be taking their own pictures, but they probably won’t share them. It would be an odd look to tweet pictures of Vortex’s deconstruction at the same time they are trying to promote their new ride. They never shared anything about Firehawk’s deconstruction, and they never even acknowledged that they were tearing it down.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

They will definitely be taking their own pictures, but they probably won’t share them. It would be an odd look to tweet pictures of Vortex’s deconstruction at the same time they are trying to promote their new ride. They never shared anything about Firehawk’s deconstruction, and they never even acknowledged that they were tearing it down.

1. Some things are allowed to be assumed

2. KI allowed O'Rourke to share demo photos of Firehawk and SOB's demo was also filmed

I'm 99.99% sure there'll be photos. 

41 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I think this is why KI does not want video of Vortex removal.   Seems they skimped on due diligence in selecting the contractor.   :P

I told Steve not to do it.

Anyhow on Vortex, the lift and the length of track into the loops can be clearly seen on the skyline. It would not be hard to see from some angles around the park when it  comes down. It would also be heard clear as a bell. 

• Like 3