Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

15 hours ago, silver2005 said:

But that in turn makes wood structures ideal for RMC revamps over steel coasters.  

True, They did excellent work on their 2 biggest projects, Mean Streak and Texas Giant. but at the same time. I do miss the sound of the PTC trains speeding down on top of the flat steel track atop of the layers of laminated wood. Of course in the days when both Coasters were pretty smooth.:D

1 hour ago, goettablitz said:

It was probably a greater priority to get Firehawk torn down quickly so site prep could begin on Orion.  Im sure Vortex will be gone before the start of the 2020 season but they are focused on Orion right now.  

Yeah. They will probably use the same cranes used for Orion to bring down Vortex when Orion's track work s complete.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, goettablitz said:

I agree.  I thought I read that the same company that is building Orion also got the contract to demo Vortex. 

Makes sense. Especially if the rumored deadline for Orion's track completion is February 1st. That would still give them two months to demo Vortex (though I doubt they'd need it).

9 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

Makes sense. Especially if the rumored deadline for Orion's track completion is February 1st. That would still give them two months to demo Vortex (though I doubt they'd need it).

You would be surprised how long it takes to dial in that B&M Rattle.  

• Like 2