Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

3 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Question here - are we back to not confirming sources again. :huh:

You may recall several months ago, someone (we will call original poster) said that Sky High had the contract to build Orion and take down Vortex.

Another poster asks for a source.

Original poster basically said it is well known he has connections in the industry and doesn't need to post his source.

Moderator posts that members are not to question information shared by the Mod team or by well respected members of this forum.

The same Another poster from above questioned how is a member supposed to know who the well respected members are - is it based on "reputation score" the site assigns or is there a list somewhere?

Discussion died at that point.

So the question is are you one of the well respected members with industry connections that we are not to question your posts or are we not confirming sources again?

I don't think you can both be correct, so who is actually taking down Vortex? :P

I do not believe that I am above reproach around here nor a highly respected member.

With all the time Ive spent recently around KI Ive seen the the O'Rouke trucks hauling in equipment and leaving empty. I ran into a few of them at Wendy's along with Sky High on a bathroom break. Anyhow, as the posts above show and pictures that I have (never shared as I figured this would be more tight lipped around here ) can and will show O'Rouke is doing The Vortex tear down. 

Also those pictures were taken down over on the Facebook page but Im sure they are on Reddit now, so that can of worms is forever open. I cant believe the moderator team of the KISPH page let those sneak by. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Waltny said:

I do not believe that I am above reproach around here nor a highly respected member.

With all the time Ive spent recently around KI Ive seen the the O'Rouke trucks hauling in equipment and leaving empty. I ran into a few of them at Wendy's along with Sky High on a bathroom break. Anyhow, as the posts above show and pictures that I have (never shared as I figured this would be more tight lipped around here ) can and will show O'Rouke is doing The Vortex tear down. 

Also those pictures were taken down over on the Facebook page but Im sure they are on Reddit now, so that can of worms is forever open. I cant believe the moderator team of the KISPH page let those sneak by. 

It's all good - I wasn't picking on you - just trying to make a point on if we are in the season where the TOS is being enforced or not.  I suspect the pictures above will be disappearing soon so snag a copy before they are gone lol...

I knew the moment several months back when it was posted that it was wrong and tried to diplomatically point it out by bringing up the confirm the source clause in the TOS and some other publicly available information but was shot down as how dare we question someone with such insider knowledge... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

It's all good - I wasn't picking on you - just trying to make a point on if we are in the season where the TOS is being enforced or not.  I suspect the pictures above will be disappearing soon so snag a copy before they are gone lol...

I knew the moment several months back when it was posted that it was wrong and tried to diplomatically point it out by bringing up the confirm the source clause in the TOS and some other publicly available information but was shot down as how dare we question someone with such insider knowledge... 

No worries, I didnt have hard facts except what I saw and pictures I had. They came in like an army at the end of last week and were all over Monday. So Im not surprised by the timeline. 

Now, I do want to say I saw in a recent article with Chad being interviewed but have not successfully been able to find it again but outside of that I think there have been strong rumors it was O'Rouke with nothing in stone. The Sky High thing since the beginning seemed off to me, but such is life. 

38 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Also looks like the filter or whatever they had on the DB cam is gone.....unless  its just the weather doing it.

I think this just shows that the outer cover for the DB cam has become really weathered (just like those old headlamp lenses look on cars).  The surface tension of water does a good job to smooth the outer layer so it looks "clear" when it is raining.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Here is food for thought:

How do you think they are going to demo the corkscrews and the loops? All at once or one by one (individually)?

I am going to say they cut the track and supports at the lowest points, then pull them over individually. 

• Like 1

Since they will be selling the steel for scrap they will probably just cut it up as quickly as possible.  If you search for the pis of when they torn down GASM @ Great Adventure they just sort of hacked it up into small pieces to load on a truck.

• Like 1