Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

Vortex was one of my favorites and it’s sad, but I still get extremely curious and want to see photos and get information. Hopefully there’ll be more information and photos on the demolition process. 

On 1/27/2020 at 5:05 PM, Outdoor Man said:

The sections to come down are the tallest and most complicated.  Much like the Son of Beast i could see sections of the lift hill sectioned and brought down separately.

That reminds me of how they took down Great American Scream Machine at SFGAd back in 2010. I remember them ripping the coaster all apart. Then from the vertical loops to the lift hill, they took it down in sections. So I think that’s what they’ll do here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

No, actually I have not. That is why i asked.

Just thought i would check but Weatherbug cam is still up and can see Vortex still.

The the lifthill, the loops and the banked turn into the loops are clearly visible from outside the park in the drop off lot. I "might" be able to angle here or there to see the corkscrews

editing this post so I don’t double post,

but I can say with a 95% accuracy that the turn around into the MCRB is still standing. It’s such a sliver through the trees I drove in a circle for 15 mins to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing and using my KI Rat knowledge to know it could be nothing else but that.  Prediction, Vortex stands another day. Also with that, I haven’t seen any ORouke trucks in and around the KI area.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Shawn Meyer said:

Question. When they finish constructing Orion, will they move construction equipment over towards Vortex? Also would this mean Vortex would come down in a matter of days?

Definitely possible. They could use those cranes to demo the taller parts of Vortex. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JCoaster25 said:

Hey guys. I just finished up a Vortex video that's now up on my YouTube channel. I figured it would be nice to post a link in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVaPTHScQR8&t=119s

Not gonna lie.....I almost had tears in my eye watching that. Well done!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyV said:

Great video!  What day did you shoot this?

Thanks! It's a compilation of footage I shot all through 2019. The first long shot of the ride with the blue sky and small clouds was from Coasterstock weekend in May, and the rest were all from various Haunt weekends, all leading up to the last day of operation. The very last video shot was New Years Eve during Winterfest.

4 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

@Waltny Anything new on Vortex today?

Had some things to get done after capturing take 1 of 2 of Orion completions, I’m driving over with my son after I take my daughter home.

update: no changes can be seen from outside the park.

• Like 1

All I know is that the minute the park decides to sell off her orange and blue bones, I need to be informed so I may add her alongside my SoB plaque.

Also, I would not be surprised if somehow the park gave a nod to the past like they did for SoB when Banshee opened. Can’t rule out the possibilities. I could see a sweet Vortex marker nearby whatever goes in her place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4