Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

32 minutes ago, tuxedoman52 said:

I definitely knew about TT. Yes, Drachen Fire was rough but it didn't seem to have those traditional Arrow transitions. Plus they tried 3 new elements (firsts for Arrow) with a wraparound corkscrew, cobra roll, and cutback.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It's because when Drachen Fire was built, it was the 'partner' for Kumba (how both Busch Gardens have matches for each coaster). When Kumba was built, B&M didn't have enough time/resources to build 2 roller coasters for them. So, Busch Gardens Willamsburg hired Arrow and Arrow tried to make Drachen Fire more B&M like. I got this information from 

• Like 2

At this point. I reckon the curve will be pulled down first in sections. Then they’ll prepare the lift hill for the final part of demolition. From there I think they’ll either take that down in sections (like GASM at SFGAd). Or, they’ll pull a Son of Beast and rip it down whole. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

One day soon Vortex will be nothing but a memory. Soon a new ride shall be erected in its place and Vortex will mostly be forgotten. Kind of like King Cobra. 

I don’t Vortex will become mostly forgotten, in my mind and the minds of others Vortex was just as much of a classic as The Beast & Racer.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

I don’t Vortex will become mostly forgotten, in my mind and the minds of others Vortex was just as much of a classic as The Beast & Racer.

I’d almost argue KC was just as classic as the others. But besides an small, older kinda cult of us it’s pretty forgotten 

• Like 4

I was unable to take pictures as I was driving, but I can confirm the above picture is correct as 2 hours ago. It really snowed in the KI area. Expect The Vortex to be demolished by Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, TJ_Kirby18 said:

So essentially, this is what’s left of Vortex right now. (Not my photo) I just covered the parts already demolished. 

D490F7E5-F697-4324-AD5A-2CE78D3C71AB.jpeg

• Like 3