Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

I've seen what the cup bits look like (have seen bits from someone who has access to the site though i wont name names since i don't know if they should or not) and that's real. They just cleanly trimmed up the ends from one of the cut parts (you would just need some good cutting tools and like you said taking some time)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

I too would like a peice of Vortex. Its my favorite ride of all time and watching her get torn to bits has tears in my eyes. Please Kings Island offer peices! Even if its just a simple peice id buy it!

It is pretty strange how they're treating The Vortex removal with such secrecy while the disastrous pile of lumber, Son of Beast, got a royal fanfare. I'm sure they have their reasons.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Patrickbateman86 said:

I'd like to see something similar to Copper Head Strike at Carrowinds go into Vortex's spot. Multiple inversions multiple launches, or maybe a traditional lift with a launch midway through the ride. You could do some cool stuff with themeing. Its really I prime piece of real estate.

Here's your new thrill ride, bro.

polaris.gif

• Like 4

A bathroom themed ride would be pretty sweet. You could even keep the name Vortex. The ride ends with you being flushed down a giant toilet.
jokes aside, they should really make the next coaster named "Vortex" as a tribute...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KingsMills79 said:

Anyone else bothered by how much taller DB looks compared to Orion on the Weatherbug cam?

I would be guessing it's because of the elevation or something.

I’m not bothered by it, when you see the two rides in person Orion looks bigger, that’s all that really matters.

• Like 3