Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

I also just noticed that all of the structural cross sections below the track gap have been removed, clicking back through the time lapse on the camera, the crane was doing that before making the cut in the track. It appears to have now removed the cross sections to the left of the peak, and is up around the track level.

• Like 2

I see my updates made it here already as I got caught up forgot to share here.
As one of the posters above showed, I’m marking my spots and trying to take images as close as possible to the same location(and crop) so they can be later compared in a more apples to apples way.   

I would think that this is going to come down quickly from here in a few major pieces the way it is carved up. 

• Like 2

Looks like they have made several cuts to section everything off for the final blow.  I'll bet the skyline is clear by the end of the week unless the weather interferes.

I really hope the park decides to take some of the steel and turn it in to trinkets of some kind for the general public.  I doubt they'd sell sections of track as even a tiny piece like the one shown on the now-removed Reddit post would be heavy.  If they do decide to do that - I'll be out here on the forum asking one of you locals to pick one up for me since I'm a long way from the park but still a big fan of Vortex ... :)

vortexdemo.jpg

• Thanks 2

Is there anything us at KICentral can do to get a peice of Vortex? Im sorry its just that i would love a small peice of my favorite ride of all time. Vortex holds a special place in my heart. And it really brings tears to my eyes to see her go. I want a peice of Vortex. And so do we all. Can we all get together to try and get the park to sell peices even if its just a small peice? Im sorry its just that this is really personal to me, and I absolutely hate seeing Vortex go down. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Vortex1987 said:

Is there anything us at KICentral can do to get a peice of Vortex? Im sorry its just that i would love a small peice of my favorite ride of all time. Vortex holds a special place in my heart. And it really brings tears to my eyes to see her go. I want a peice of Vortex. And so do we all. Can we all get together to try and get the park to sell peices even if its just a small peice? Im sorry its just that this is really personal to me, and I absolutely hate seeing Vortex go down. 

Trust me if we had a legal way of getting a piece we all would. Vortex has been my #1 since I was just a kid. I hit many milestones on it. I was there for the end. If the opportunity arises you'll hear it first here. 

• Like 3

^Ill keep updated if anything becomes available. I remember i had tears rolling down my eyes on my final ride. Ill never forget that moment as long as I live. May Vortex rest in peace. (I may (or may not) (ok ill admit it) have tears in my eyes as I type this. Please keep me updated you guys if any peices become available. May my #1 rest in peace. Goodbye old freind.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I wonder if they're trying to preserve some trees while taking down Vortex. Or they could be removing a few trees to gain access to pulling Vortex down. Anyone want to help me out on that guess?

Let’s hope they aren’t removing more trees.  The park is becoming pretty barren with all of the tree removal and lack of replacement over the last several years 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

Try Tweeting at the park and seeing if they plan to do anything like that. It’s good way to reach the park directly.

• Like 1

^ive tried tweeting at them and emailing them and havent gotten a response sadly. I would do anything in the world to get my hands on a peice. To whomever owns that peice of rail i saw earlier, what would you want for a small peice cut off it, if you were willing to do that? Im sorry you all its just heartbreaking to me to see Vortex go under, and im trying to get the ultimate peice of memorabilia. (It is to me anyways) 

• Like 1