Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

1 hour ago, hotrodyoda said:

It's still there, the sun is just directly behind the structure and flooding the lens with light.

12 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

It has reappeared!  Rebirth!  He is Risen!

My bad, That sun will get you every time. I even zoomed in trying to see it. Sorry to cause panic :unsure:

47 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

@Waltny Closely examining your photo,  you can see there are cables attached to the next section for removal.

And if you don't mind me asking, would you happen to have any videos of the demolition?

I knew you would all examine it closely... 

Anyhow, yes I see those cables now and I was about 5 mins late this morning on getting video. I’m sure they spent the rest of the day chopping it up and clearing the drop zone. 
Maybe I’ll get some tomorrow or the next day or  never... rest assured, you guys will be among the first to know if I do. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Oh don't worry I've applied already, it's just getting in. With an associates in engineering and years experience fixing cars I'm hopeful but who knows. I would have loved to have been able to work on Vortex, but I think it might be a tad late for that now. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bdd127 said:

Oh don't worry I've applied already, it's just getting in. With an associates in engineering and years experience fixing cars I'm hopeful but who knows. I would have loved to have been able to work on Vortex, but I think it might be a tad late for that now. 

If you're willing to relocate to Charlotte, you may be able to get a job that would allow you to work on its trains...

• Haha 1

I just waned to post a quick thanks to those of you who are local and go by the park to grab pictures to share with everyone here.  I, for one, really appreciate it.  

Sad to see the lift hill going away.  The end is near ...!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Bdd127 said:

Not trying to discourage you, but it is very rare for these positions to go to outside folks.  Typically when they have a job opening with a full time job, not a seasonal(a couple weeks before opening to last operating day) or 10 month, they already know who is going to transfer into the position before it is even posted.  The best way to get in to one of these positions is to start at the bottom as a ride operator or something of the like and work your way up.

6 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

Not trying to discourage you, but it is very rare for these positions to go to outside folks.  Typically when they have a job opening with a full time job, not a seasonal(a couple weeks before opening to last operating day) or 10 month, they already know who is going to transfer into the position before it is even posted.  The best way to get in to one of these positions is to start at the bottom as a ride operator or something of the like and work your way up.

I get it but sometimes starting at the bottom is not an option. 

17 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

I've applied to the seasonal ones too, regardless if I don't find a good job by April/may, I was considering being a ride op seasonally I'm just not too sure which Cedar Fair park to choose. 

That webcam pic of what's left of Vortex's lift from far away is a little eerie. Also, it seems like they are being very delicate with the removal as they are removing sections at a time (the close up pictures show this well as there are small gaps between the pieces of track that remain); is this typical of coaster deconstruction/removal?

• Like 6