Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

^I completely agree. But we'll see about that in April. Also if anyone here has any information about peices being sold contact me through here ASAP! The skyline is forever changed, and ruined. (IMO) I just hope whatever replaces it is just as beautiful. And has the same unique color scheme. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

^I completely agree. But we'll see about that in April. Also if anyone here has any information about peices being sold contact me through here ASAP! The skyline is forever changed, and ruined. (IMO) I just hope whatever replaces it is just as beautiful. And has the same unique color scheme. 

My sentiments exactly. I'd love a piece of track from such a legendary coaster. It's been hard seeing it gored apart bit by bit. That being said, I'd love to see Steel Hawg or one of the other rides from the newly defunct Indiana Beach to come to King's Island to replace it.

• Like 1

My sentiments exactly. I'd love a piece of track from such a legendary coaster. It's been hard seeing it gored apart bit by bit. That being said, I'd love to see Steel Hawg or one of the other rides from the newly defunct Indiana Beach to come to King's Island to replace it.

Steel Hawg would be a capacity nightmare, let alone it wouldn’t even take up much of any of Vortex’s plot. If they go coaster, which I’m sure in the future they will, it’s going to be on the larger size attraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe they're going to do whatever they can to keep it around. Beast is a lot more legendary and iconic to the park than Vortex was. 

Not only that, but wooden coasters have (pretty much) an immeasurable lifespan since crews can replace small parts with ease. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, super7 said:

I always thought Vortex Invaded the isolation of The Beast.   But now Orion will do that even more. 

I've been banging that drum since the Orion layout leaked! I just watched a Beast POV and I think people are underestimating how much this will stomp on the isolation. From the time you turn out of the bottom of the first drop, you're going to be staring right up at a massive blue 200-foot turnaround until you're out of the brake shed. And that was one of the few sections that didn't have a service road next to it, so it felt especially woodsy. Oh well. What's done is done. Just seems crazy to me with SO MUCH other land they could have used. Hopefully they don't bring down too many trees with this Vortex removal/replacement.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Doesn’t look like anything else has come down since mid day correct?

CA99E86E-3B4A-4008-8C6E-EBE6F2FB3343.jpeg

Oh man, that's a sad image. At least when it had the lift hill and drops, you could still see what made it great. Now it just looks sad...hope they can tear down the rest and put it out of its misery. 

• Like 5

Just now, cdubbs727 said:

Oh man, that's a sad image. At least when it had the lift hill and drops, you could still see what made it great. Now it just looks sad...hope they can tear down the rest and put it out of its misery. 

Yes it is. A sad day indeed... as I travel back on my IG feed it’s crazy to see just how quick it started move within the last week.  

8 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

Thunder road was primarily removed to make way for a waterpark expansion.  

It was far more convoluted than that. 

To make a long story into a short story. Improper maintenance for a decade+ lead to the entire structure needing replaced, Carowinds spent 5/7th of the money required to do so before deciding it wasn’t worth the last two million in 2013. 

The water park expansion was after Carowinds gave up on Thunder Road. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Waltny said:

Another section down

I think there are 3 sections left to come down if the cuts that are in place are indeed the final ones. 

BFF93191-9756-45AF-8618-0852875EA466.jpeg

Nah, this is staying up. It is the base of a new style RMC. Going to literally launch the train onto the track with some really cool jumps. Kinda like being shot out of a cannon. Hence why Cedar Point just trade marked Cannon Launch The Ride. If you don't believe me, just go ask the dipping dots guy, he is in the know.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6