Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

2 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

I can’t really tell from the photos if they’re saving the trees.

I can unfortunately do so much with the given distance and angles afforded at this point. 

I’m going to guess as soon as the last scrap is hauled off the BTS photos from inside the park will start to surface.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Driver8rws said:

Is Vortex gone? 

Or is that it's hills just to the LEFT of the Eiffel Tower? 

I THOUGHT it was to the RIGHT of the tower from this camera angle? 

https://www.weatherbug.com/weather-camera/?cam=MSNKS

From the angle of the weatherbug cam, Vortex would be to the right of the Eiffel Tower. All that is left is two sections.

I hate to see this alter the landscape. The Vortex was so iconic. But I do think this is the first time since I was around 8 years old that you'll be able to see The Beast on the skyline (although part of me has always liked that The Beast was so hidden from view). 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, cdubbs727 said:

I hate to see this alter the landscape. The Vortex was so iconic. But I do think this is the first time since I was around 8 years old that you'll be able to see The Beast on the skyline (although part of me has always liked that The Beast was so hidden from view). 

The Beast is now noticeable on the skyline, but I wouldn’t expect it to be as visible once the trees start flushing out. At least with the second lift hill. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

One last section before it is gone forever =(

I wouldn't say that. Physically, pretty much unless they plan to sell sections in the Emporium; but Vortex will always be in our memories and in YouTube POV's and reviews.

EDIT: I know this sounds cheese as heck, but its pretty much the truth.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

New rappelling ride for 2020!

In fact, I remember talking to someone who is part of Ohio's first task force for emergencies/ rescue operations (forget what its called) and they go to Kings Island and use the tower to climb on and to zip line down to in front of BLST. The gentleman even showed me photos of in and it looked like a blast! But they were doing it for training purposes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Klabergian Empire said:

In fact, I remember talking to someone who is part of Ohio's first task force for emergencies/ rescue operations (forget what its called) and they go to Kings Island and use the tower to climb on and to zip line down to in front of BLST. The gentleman even showed me photos of in and it looked like a blast! But they were doing it for training purposes.

I wish that could be a ride so we could all do it lol

9 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I wish that could be a ride so we could all do it lol

In that case, we have two options:

1. We create a Vortex simulator to replecate the feeling of the ride and 360 VR headset for visual; or

2. We buy a butt-ton of steel, get a few welders together, and we rebuild that son-of-a-gun! lol:lol:

• Like 4