Vortex Removal Updates

pkiridesmaint

16 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I wouldn't say that. Physically, pretty much unless they plan to sell sections in the Emporium; but Vortex will always be in our memories and in YouTube POV's and reviews.

EDIT: I know this sounds cheese as heck, but its pretty much the truth.

I mean.......it will be gone forever. There is no other answer lol. A memory doesn't mean its still there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KIguy2004 said:

Have they removed the last piece yet? @Waltny

I’m up in Columbus for the day, at this point once it’s down and gone it will be the same image anyone can get for a while. I’ll probably swing by and check on it once I get back in town early afternoon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CoasterOhio said:

Such a drastic difference over the period of 1 month...

Truth. I wouldn’t say I’ve enjoyed seeing this coaster go down, but there is a closure that comes with it for me. While I’m sure better angled and more dramatic pictures will emerge from within the park soon, I did my part for the community with the resources available to me. Thanks to all who followed along on the Orion and Vortex journeys of 2019-2020 with me. 

Also, along with the circling buzzard that I caught circling Vortex, I see a lot of images that have personnel on the second lift hill of Beast. Perhaps Beast got some extra TLC in that area.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

I'm hopeful to see closure and the park releasing a video within the next few days. I know the park is celebrating Orion's first test runs and achievements, but some closure is needed on Vortex still. 

Just think... Orion tested while parts of Vortex were still standing tall.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, CoasterOhio said:

I'm hopeful to see closure and the park releasing a video within the next few days. I know the park is celebrating Orion's first test runs and achievements, but some closure is needed on Vortex still. 

Just think... Orion tested while parts of Vortex were still standing tall.

I wonder if that’ll be a fun fact in the vein of:

When Star Wars was released, the guillotine was still being used in France.

or

Mammoths were still roaming the earth when the pyramids were built.

• Like 3