pkiridesmaint

Vortex Removal Updates

Wooden coasters have to have more supports to spread out the weight and forces because wood is a weaker material than steel. 

I doubt Vortex is worth getting RMC’d or Steel Phantom’d. 

• Like 1

Just now, RollerNut said:

Wooden coasters have to have more supports to spread out the weight and forces because wood is a weaker material than steel. 

But that in turn makes wood structures ideal for RMC revamps over steel coasters.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, silver2005 said:

But that in turn makes wood structures ideal for RMC revamps over steel coasters.  

True, They did excellent work on their 2 biggest projects, Mean Streak and Texas Giant. but at the same time. I do miss the sound of the PTC trains speeding down on top of the flat steel track atop of the layers of laminated wood. Of course in the days when both Coasters were pretty smooth.:D

Strange, Firehawk’s loop came down a year ago today, but we have yet to see a picture of Vortex’s demolition. 

• Like 3

It was probably a greater priority to get Firehawk torn down quickly so site prep could begin on Orion.  Im sure Vortex will be gone before the start of the 2020 season but they are focused on Orion right now.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, goettablitz said:

It was probably a greater priority to get Firehawk torn down quickly so site prep could begin on Orion.  Im sure Vortex will be gone before the start of the 2020 season but they are focused on Orion right now.  

Yeah. They will probably use the same cranes used for Orion to bring down Vortex when Orion's track work s complete.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Yeah. They will probably use the same cranes used for Orion to bring down Vortex when Orion's track work s complete.

I agree.  I thought I read that the same company that is building Orion also got the contract to demo Vortex. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, goettablitz said:

I agree.  I thought I read that the same company that is building Orion also got the contract to demo Vortex. 

Makes sense. Especially if the rumored deadline for Orion's track completion is February 1st. That would still give them two months to demo Vortex (though I doubt they'd need it).

9 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

Makes sense. Especially if the rumored deadline for Orion's track completion is February 1st. That would still give them two months to demo Vortex (though I doubt they'd need it).

You would be surprised how long it takes to dial in that B&M Rattle.  

• Like 2

I'm hearing some rumors that the station is gone has anyone seen or heard anything? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bdd127 said:

I'm hearing some rumors that the station is gone has anyone seen or heard anything? 

I talked to SteelVortex. She said the station area was demolished

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 6:38 AM, goettablitz said:

Sky High is building Orion and O'Rouke is tearing down Vortex.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KIguy2004 said:

I talked to SteelVortex. She said the station area was demolished

Still there in this picture from 2 days ago

6426CDB5-7603-49B3-BF66-D9696B017ED2.jpeg

• Like 1

I was hoping the station would be repurposed somehow...seeing that picture first thing this morning was a sad way to start the day. :(

• Like 3

Man, if there was one building that would've been perfect for a permanent Haunt attraction.... 

• Like 4

To be brutally honest with myself it really wasn’t the best building to house a Freestyle stand.  I am certain it will be replaced with a better one.:P

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

A  dubious honor that KIC gets the credit for this leak. 

• Like 3

Yesterday, I could see flashing lights where the helix for Vortex is.  You could see it in the Diamondback Cam.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, teenageninja said:

Yesterday, I could see flashing lights where the helix for Vortex is.  You could see it in the Diamondback Cam.

I saw them too a couple of minutes ago

• Like 1

Wow we are going to be able to see the demise of Vortex live on camera. This is crazy!

• Like 2

Several things:

1. I wish the park would take a few seconds off of Orion to focus on Vortex demo. Like a few pictures or a video or something.

2. I think they are going to take out all the rides elements before they demo the lift hill.

• Like 1