Vortex Removal Updates

Wooden coasters have to have more supports to spread out the weight and forces because wood is a weaker material than steel. 

I doubt Vortex is worth getting RMC’d or Steel Phantom’d. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all over with now. All we have remaining are the memories. Farewell and Godspeed Vortex. (via WeatherBug)

Truth. I wouldn’t say I’ve enjoyed seeing this coaster go down, but there is a closure that comes with it for me. While I’m sure better angled and more dramatic pictures will emerge from within the pa

Can we quit with the whole “Kings Island owes us an explanation” B.S.? It’s starting to get annoying and making the rest of the coaster enthusiast community look like spoiled brats. Sheesh!     S

Posted Images

Just now, RollerNut said:

Wooden coasters have to have more supports to spread out the weight and forces because wood is a weaker material than steel. 

But that in turn makes wood structures ideal for RMC revamps over steel coasters.  

• Like 4
15 hours ago, silver2005 said:

But that in turn makes wood structures ideal for RMC revamps over steel coasters.  

True, They did excellent work on their 2 biggest projects, Mean Streak and Texas Giant. but at the same time. I do miss the sound of the PTC trains speeding down on top of the flat steel track atop of the layers of laminated wood. Of course in the days when both Coasters were pretty smooth.:D

It was probably a greater priority to get Firehawk torn down quickly so site prep could begin on Orion.  Im sure Vortex will be gone before the start of the 2020 season but they are focused on Orion right now.  

• Like 7
1 hour ago, goettablitz said:

It was probably a greater priority to get Firehawk torn down quickly so site prep could begin on Orion.  Im sure Vortex will be gone before the start of the 2020 season but they are focused on Orion right now.  

Yeah. They will probably use the same cranes used for Orion to bring down Vortex when Orion's track work s complete.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Yeah. They will probably use the same cranes used for Orion to bring down Vortex when Orion's track work s complete.

I agree.  I thought I read that the same company that is building Orion also got the contract to demo Vortex. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, goettablitz said:

I agree.  I thought I read that the same company that is building Orion also got the contract to demo Vortex. 

Makes sense. Especially if the rumored deadline for Orion's track completion is February 1st. That would still give them two months to demo Vortex (though I doubt they'd need it).

9 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

Makes sense. Especially if the rumored deadline for Orion's track completion is February 1st. That would still give them two months to demo Vortex (though I doubt they'd need it).

You would be surprised how long it takes to dial in that B&M Rattle.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Bdd127 said:

I'm hearing some rumors that the station is gone has anyone seen or heard anything? 

I talked to SteelVortex. She said the station area was demolished

• Like 1
On 1/20/2020 at 6:38 AM, goettablitz said:

Sky High is building Orion and O'Rouke is tearing down Vortex.

• Like 1

Man, if there was one building that would've been perfect for a permanent Haunt attraction.... 

• Like 4

Several things:

1. I wish the park would take a few seconds off of Orion to focus on Vortex demo. Like a few pictures or a video or something.

2. I think they are going to take out all the rides elements before they demo the lift hill.

• Like 1