Jump to content
pkiridesmaint

Vortex Removal Updates

Recommended Posts

Then I wonder where that piece of track they took off came from. 
Which track might you be referring to?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tuxedoman52 said:

Which track might you be referring to?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
 

Earlier in the thread @BoddaH1994 posted a photo that showed Vortex’s train cars, the lift hill motor & in the bottom of the photo there’s some Vortex track.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

Looks like the transfer track is just completely moved over, that's what they do when they remove the trains.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
 

The only thing I mentioned was it appears that the concrete wall was removed, I’m willing to bet the dual storage tracks that were in the garage were removed and what you see in that pic with the trains and lift motor 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a few pics at Winterfest last night with night sight on the Pixel 4. Did not really see anything as far as demo yet.

IMG_20191122_192305.jpg

 

IMG_20191122_192426.jpg

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

I noticed last night the ride safety sign has been removed.

I also think the trailing lights on the lift hill are gone as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I also think the trailing lights on the lift hill are gone as well.

Half of the lift hill chaser lights were not working right for most of the season anyways. Maybe they just didn't bother to turn them on for Winterfest like they do Racer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Half of the lift hill chaser lights were not working right for most of the season anyways. Maybe they just didn't bother to turn them on for Winterfest like they do Racer.

I would be willing to bet Vortex is in lock out/tag out mode as they start taking electrical equipment off 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

Half of the lift hill chaser lights were not working right for most of the season anyways. Maybe they just didn't bother to turn them on for Winterfest like they do Racer.

Racer's chaser lights are on during WinterFest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

That's what I said. 

Idk why but I saw what you said and I guess I had a brain fart now that I'm looking at this:lol:. Sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Then I wonder where that piece of track they took off came from. 

There was never an extra piece of track. Vortex only uses the the two transfer tracks to operate as part of the final brake run. See the satellite image from Google Maps.49bcfe7da47d4ec3df38798f2da4cc0d.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earlier in the thread [mention=23]BoddaH1994[/mention] posted a photo that showed Vortex’s train cars, the lift hill motor & in the bottom of the photo there’s some Vortex track.

That track you’re referring to could be the track that leads out of the station and to the lift hill.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope they are able to reuse the station.  That station is one of my all time favorites!  Anymore now that are just a rectangle with a roof over the top of it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in knowing why they are already starting the demolition process. Son of Beast took 3 years from its closer before they started tearing it down. They did that because they had plans for Banshee. So do they already have big plans for that land in the near future. Just seems like a repeat of Firehawk to me. What are your thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CoasterNerd said:

I'm interested in knowing why they are already starting the demolition process. Son of Beast took 3 years from its closer before they started tearing it down. They did that because they had plans for Banshee. So do they already have big plans for that land in the near future. Just seems like a repeat of Firehawk to me. What are your thoughts?

One of many reasons it sat was maybe due to potential lawsuits. Or the park suing the manufacturer. Or maybe they didn't know what to do with it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I just hope they are able to reuse the station.  That station is one of my all time favorites!  Anymore now that are just a rectangle with a roof over the top of it. 

I hope so too.  I remember that ride house for The Bat, which I got to ride twice!  I loved the original Bat!  I was never a big Vortex fan, but that land and ride house are almost sacred....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's gonna be tough to see it go, but we also recently lost the legendary mountain at Kings Dominion, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it go. 

On another note, I don't think it has fully set in that Vortex is gone yet and I really don't think it will until it starts coming down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, foze.bear said:

I hope so too.  I remember that ride house for The Bat, which I got to ride twice!  I loved the original Bat!  I was never a big Vortex fan, but that land and ride house are almost sacred....

Unfortunately I don’t see that happening. The antique cars really bottlenecked that area if a new coaster was to use that ride house. Like others have said Cedar Fair likes to have big turnstile lines and that house would not work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious if who remembers what was on this piece of land before The Bat was built?  Was it just trees?  Or part of the lake/canoe ride?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hueney020 said:

Unfortunately I don’t see that happening. The antique cars really bottlenecked that area if a new coaster was to use that ride house. Like others have said Cedar Fair likes to have big turnstile lines and that house would not work. 

Why wouldn't it?  You could use underneath the station. Not to mention there would also be plenty of land available in the current Vortex ride area. Could make for some really unique interactive moments. Only time will tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hueney020 said:

Unfortunately I don’t see that happening. The antique cars really bottlenecked that area if a new coaster was to use that ride house. Like others have said Cedar Fair likes to have big turnstile lines and that house would not work. 

They could  expand the bottom section of the ride house if it was necessary, I don’t find it to be impossible. However with the recent direction Cedar Fair has been heading with theming I’d suspect they’d just want to start over with a new station and new queue house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CoasterNerd said:

I'm interested in knowing why they are already starting the demolition process. Son of Beast took 3 years from its closer before they started tearing it down. They did that because they had plans for Banshee. So do they already have big plans for that land in the near future. Just seems like a repeat of Firehawk to me. What are your thoughts?

I am going to say they probably hoped to salvage it somehow, someway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest, that queue house is probably going to be salvaged as a haunted house. It'll be the "new" haunted attraction one year, be staffed really well the first two weekends, and then will fall apart after all the temporary decorations and "theming" fail to hold up. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Let's be honest, that queue house is probably going to be salvaged as a haunted house. It'll be the "new" haunted attraction one year, be staffed really well the first two weekends, and then will fall apart after all the temporary decorations and "theming" fail to hold up. 

I would put it at 90% that it's a haunt next year, it's a big building and they could potentially even go out into "the woods" from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, teenageninja said:

I would put it at 90% that it's a haunt next year, it's a big building and they could potentially even go out into "the woods" from there.

It also has that "haunted house" feel to it too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope they dont whack down the trees inside of the turn around after the first drop.   Kings Islands tree cover gets more sparse each year and those trees will make The Beast more exposed if they are destroyed.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 1:17 AM, super7 said:

I just hope they do t whack down the trees inside of the turn around after the first drop.   Kings Islands tree cover gets more sparse each year and those trees will make The Beast more exposed if they are destroyed.  

Did you mean to say don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 12:56 PM, Gordon Bombay said:

Let's be honest, that queue house is probably going to be salvaged as a haunted house. It'll be the "new" haunted attraction one year, be staffed really well the first two weekends, and then will fall apart after all the temporary decorations and "theming" fail to hold up. 

1. Tear it down and replace it with a dedicated prefab steel building.

2. Add classy looking graffiti on the side of the building for good measure a la Club Blood.

3. Make it a "premium" haunt.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...