Vortex Removal Updates

32 minutes ago, tuxedoman52 said:

I definitely knew about TT. Yes, Drachen Fire was rough but it didn't seem to have those traditional Arrow transitions. Plus they tried 3 new elements (firsts for Arrow) with a wraparound corkscrew, cobra roll, and cutback.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It's because when Drachen Fire was built, it was the 'partner' for Kumba (how both Busch Gardens have matches for each coaster). When Kumba was built, B&M didn't have enough time/resources to build 2 roller coasters for them. So, Busch Gardens Willamsburg hired Arrow and Arrow tried to make Drachen Fire more B&M like. I got this information from 

• Like 2
  • Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all over with now. All we have remaining are the memories. Farewell and Godspeed Vortex. (via WeatherBug)

Truth. I wouldn’t say I’ve enjoyed seeing this coaster go down, but there is a closure that comes with it for me. While I’m sure better angled and more dramatic pictures will emerge from within the pa

Can we quit with the whole “Kings Island owes us an explanation” B.S.? It’s starting to get annoying and making the rest of the coaster enthusiast community look like spoiled brats. Sheesh!     S

Posted Images

4 hours ago, tuxedoman52 said:

Yep, I am familiar with the situation. I just wonder if that's about the time they started using CAD.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tennessee tornado was the first Arrow coaster designed by computer 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Could you get a screen shot of the weatherbug, I’m trying too look and it just shows up as a black screen

Capture2.PNG

Capture4.PNG

• Thanks 3
Just now, Klabergian Empire said:

I wonder if the will demo the lift hill or the part near Rivertown first...?

I will guess the portion neat Rivertown so they can pull the hill down away from Beast.

• Like 3

I feel like the portion near Rivertown would be the hardest part to remove due to the trees (Which hopefully will be saved) and how close it is to some of those buildings, because of that I think they'll take it down last.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, hotrodyoda said:

The remaining loop just fell in the last 15min according to the Weatherbug Cam.

Late to the party bruh scroll up! haha j/k

• Like 3

At this point. I reckon the curve will be pulled down first in sections. Then they’ll prepare the lift hill for the final part of demolition. From there I think they’ll either take that down in sections (like GASM at SFGAd). Or, they’ll pull a Son of Beast and rip it down whole. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, DejaVu2001 said:

Although it is very difficult to see through the trees, the weatherbug camera seems to indicate the block brake was taken down between 10:15 and 10:30 today

VtexBlock.jpg

VtexNoBlock.jpg

Is that this part of the ride?:

5873D213-1E11-4836-B746-E3F29EBB15C8.png

• Like 3

Just to clarify, no part of the block brake or curve leading into it is currently visible on the webcam. The block brake itself was visible right at the tree line just to the right of the Eiffel Tower.

• Like 3

Wish we could see a photo from the ground standing next to it I love those photos when a ride is being torn down but some of it is still standing. Vortex looks way different with no loops. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

One day soon Vortex will be nothing but a memory. Soon a new ride shall be erected in its place and Vortex will mostly be forgotten. Kind of like King Cobra. 

I don’t Vortex will become mostly forgotten, in my mind and the minds of others Vortex was just as much of a classic as The Beast & Racer.

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

I don’t Vortex will become mostly forgotten, in my mind and the minds of others Vortex was just as much of a classic as The Beast & Racer.

I’d almost argue KC was just as classic as the others. But besides an small, older kinda cult of us it’s pretty forgotten 

• Like 4

I was unable to take pictures as I was driving, but I can confirm the above picture is correct as 2 hours ago. It really snowed in the KI area. Expect The Vortex to be demolished by Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, TJ_Kirby18 said:

So essentially, this is what’s left of Vortex right now. (Not my photo) I just covered the parts already demolished. 

D490F7E5-F697-4324-AD5A-2CE78D3C71AB.jpeg

• Like 3