Jump to content
pkiridesmaint

Vortex Removal Updates

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:


It was not done with permission. So for those who continue to ask why the park doesn’t do offseason tours and exclusive events anymore. This video is your answer why.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One could argue if they had the event then someone wouldn't feel the need to trespass....

 

...um wait yeah someone would still do it...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when the park did have off season tours and exclusive events were ALL the enthusiasts rainbows and unicorns, never once doing anything that went against the park’s wishes?    

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does every topic have to end up discussing things like this? The park doesn't like it, but people do it. If you're super mad about it, don't watch it. KIC doesn't support it, but Facebook and YouTube will never care. It was pretty sad to see the station completely demolished like that

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes. If this wasn't done with permission (I'd be surprised), then I hope they called the police on them and tried to follow the drone to its landing or something.. They're flying incredibly close to the park's coasters and tower.. This wouldn't fly if someone did this on my property.
That said, I think it'll be when I'm on the ground in front of the Juke Box diner that it'll feel the most weird to not see Vortex.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’M DISGUSTED AT HOW MANY WAYS KIC AND ENTHUSIASTS MANAGE TO BREAK RULES. THE PARK LAID OUT VERY SPECIFIC RULES, AND WE COMPLETELY FUDGE IT UP. 
 

Note, I’m not using caps out of anger, but rather to draw attention to a single point everyone misses, we really need to respect the park. Honestly, we love the park so much that we have our own site discussing the park, but unfortunately, some get so obsessed they need to break rules to feed their greed for information.

 

Mods, @IndyGuy4KI, is there anyway we can do a zero tolerance policy? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the video was disrespectful to the park but who said this was even a a member of KIC. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I think the video was disrespectful to the park but who said this was even a a member of KIC. 

It was shared by a member. Someone saw the post, thought it was a good idea to post it on the forum, when site regulars have been pleading with enthusiasts not to break the rules.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I’M DISGUSTED AT HOW MANY WAYS KIC AND ENTHUSIASTS MANAGE TO BREAK RULES. THE PARK LAID OUT VERY SPECIFIC RULES, AND WE COMPLETELY FUDGE IT UP. 
 

Note, I’m not using caps out of anger, but rather to draw attention to a single point everyone misses, we really need to respect the park. Honestly, we love the park so much that we have our own site discussing the park, but unfortunately, some get so obsessed they need to break rules to feed their greed for information.

 

Mods, @IndyGuy4KI, is there anyway we can do a zero tolerance policy? 

 

I understand you're upset, but you don't need to be a Paul Blart. Yeah it went against park rules, but it wasn't from a KIC member. People break rules. It is life. No reason to get all upset about it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tresspassing is wrong, and more importantly illegal. However with that being said, it is not worth getting all personally worked up about.

People make bold decisions all the time. As I recall we used to have members fly in planes above the park just to get ariel shots.

Having some random nerd fly a drone over the park isn't going to affect you all as members of this site and as general park goers. I'm sure the park is looking into the origin of the video to identify the individual who tresspassed. 

Just follow the rules and look out for yourselves and everything will be okay.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

 

I understand you're upset, but you don't need to be a Paul Blart. Yeah it went against park rules, but it wasn't from a KIC member. People break rules. It is life. No reason to get all upset about it.

I know it wasn’t from a KIC member, but a KIC member brought it up by posting about it, giving the rule breaker what they wanted.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As per law, nothing was broken in the video as of the sites I checked on local laws. Now the park may have set up rules against drones which is clearly on its website, it would have to be discussed exactly what warrants "inside the park".

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I know it wasn’t from a KIC member, but a KIC member brought it up by posting about it, giving the rule breaker what they wanted.

Well heck, personally, I am glad they brought it up. I enjoyed the video. I would never take the video, but I sure as heck enjoyed seeing it. I don't see it being a problem if no one here took it, but I understand what you are saying and respect your opinion.

 

Like @SonofBaconator said, it really shouldn't be dwelled on too much since it didn't involve us. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold up guys. I have not watched it and probably won’t but once this kind of thing is out in the public sphere and people are talking about it this changes into news.   Controversial agreed, but i find it absurd that it is not something we can discuss. It exists, it is real and pretending it doesn’t exist and gaging speech serves no compelling interest, even the park’s.  

Sounds like it is something we should condemn but censor?  Nah, I don’t think that is what we really want here.  The truth and press are not the enemy of the people.  Not in this country, it makes us better.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, calakapepe said:

This wouldn't fly if someone did this on my property.

Pun intended?! :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really was just curious if flying below FAA required tower lighting was legally too low.  Legally KI and CF can't control the airspace over the park, but I was curious if below the tower lights was any kind of violation.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

330AB03D-3D64-43B4-89A9-C74947DA946A.jpeg

This is the current state of KIC. I’m annoyed, as well as others, that several members of the site continue to believe and push the notion that flying over the park is appropriate.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if that's your viewpoint, you like to believe it. While I wish people would follow the law AND the wishes of the park, some won't. It won't harsh my day, my love of the park, or of KIC. If it keeps up as a topic of conversation, it just stirs the pot. It's done. Why not just let it go and move on?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

330AB03D-3D64-43B4-89A9-C74947DA946A.jpeg

This is the current state of KIC. I’m annoyed, as well as others, that several members of the site continue to believe and push the notion that flying over the park is appropriate.

It isn't, but it happened. 

We don't have no say in what someone does with their drone. And concerning people viewing the drone footage, its basic curiosity. If someone said that they found out certain info, I'd be interested to see what they found. I'm not condoning the drone operator, but its like your older brother peeking at your Christmas presents and you being curious to see what he found. 

I myself am not the one who tresspassed and broke park rules. People know the risks of what they do and still do them. Sure he did it so other people can see, but we didn't ask him to do it.

I agree with Farmer, its done so move on.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foze.bear said:

I really was just curious if flying below FAA required tower lighting was legally too low.  Legally KI and CF can't control the airspace over the park, but I was curious if below the tower lights was any kind of violation.  

 

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I think if that's your viewpoint, you like to believe it. While I wish people would follow the law AND the wishes of the park, some won't. It won't harsh my day, my love of the park, or of KIC. If it keeps up as a topic of conversation, it just stirs the pot. It's done. Why not just let it go and move on?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

 No laws were broken in the filming of said video.  Drones do not have a minimum altitude, in fact they only have a maximum of 400 ft AGL or above ground level.  Fun fact an airplane or helicopter can legally fly lower then the tower lights as well and while difficult it wouldn't be illegal.  The park has ZERO control on the airspace above the park, but has 100% control of their dirt. So they can trespass you, and will including voiding any future tickets and passes, IF you land or launch from their property.  The FAA will not get involved unless a serious injury occurs or over $500 in damage is caused to property.  The state of Ohio has no laws regulating this instance, they do for state property and parks though, and Mason only outlaws drone, again landing and launching from their parks. 

 

People can keep getting up in arms over these videos, but nothing is going to change. KIC has said no posting of Drone videos in their TOS, and if you post a video you will get in trouble, but to acknowledge a video exists on a different platform is fair game.  IMHO I think KIC is doing themselves a disservice by not allowing the videos to be posted, but that is their choice to decide if they want to send traffic to other sites or not. I would recommend any of the people who are upset about the drone videos, airplane pictures, etc. to just ignore them and move on.  Some of us love to fly and are interested in seeing the park from another perspective, others are not. To each their own since no laws or rules were broken.  If you are so worried rules and laws are broken, report the post, lets the mods do their job and go on with life.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

No laws were broken in the filming of said video.  Drones do not have a minimum altitude, in fact they only have a maximum of 400 ft AGL or above ground level.  Fun fact an airplane or helicopter can legally fly lower then the tower lights as well and while difficult it wouldn't be illegal.

Thanks @PilotDude !  That is exactly what I was wondering.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Mods, @IndyGuy4KI, is there anyway we can do a zero tolerance policy? 

We already have a policy, and no one broke that policy. Everyone respected the TOS rules and did not post it on KIC. We do not have a TOS policy stating you can't talk about drone footage. It seems to me the footage that is being discussed was not taken by coaster enthusiasts anyway. It seems they are drone enthusiasts who happened to take footage of KI. I am sure the park is frustrated with the footage for they are aware of it. It is now up to them on what action they want to take with the author of the content.

You also seem upset that some people don't agree with the KI policy of no drones. People don't have to agree with parks polices to be a member. (Just like federal and state laws you may not agree with.)  All we ask on KIC in our TOS is that members follow them and not post the content that breaks them.

I also think it is important to thank all KIC members for respecting the park's policies and the TOS of KIC. Sometimes it is forgotten that 99.9% of the time KIC members and all enthusiasts respect and follow the rules and policies of the park and the site. 

Lets now get back to talking about Vortex Removal.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Lets now get back to talking about Vortex Removal.

I mean....Vortex has already been removed....I personally don't think there is anything else much happening in relation to Vortex removal....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the land be altered? Will it be untouched? If a coaster were to replace it, would it use all of the land it sat on or less? Will we see Coney Mall open up a little bit?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Will the land be altered? Will it be untouched? If a coaster were to replace it, would it use all of the land it sat on or less? Will we see Coney Mall open up a little bit?

Catch us next week. Same Bat channel. Same Bat time. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one of the things I am curious about is to see if they are going to regrade any of the land at all. 

With The Vortex removal it gives them a great opportunity to redesign that corner of the park.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is illeagle to fly drones over the park

During the season the rides shut down if they are over that ride.

Dont be the reason the ride closed.

It could loose power and kill someone.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I mean....Vortex has already been removed....I personally don't think there is anything else much happening in relation to Vortex removal....

Good point. Lets continue any replacement discussion over here.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...