Jump to content
Klabergian Empire

If you had to keep a part of Vortex standing, which part you choose?

If you had to keep one part of Vortex standing, which part would you choose?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I would like to see the corkscrew over top a midway as decoration and memorial.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's easy; the boomerang! IMO, it's very iconic and doesn't take up a ton of space as it's sunken into the ground.

-MDMC, whose verbiage is intentional...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 5:45 PM, MDMC01 said:

That's easy; the boomerang! IMO, it's very iconic and doesn't take up a ton of space as it's sunken into the ground.

-MDMC, whose verbiage is intentional...

You could also put a pathway under it very easily.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boomerang for sure. But honestly it’s tough to imagine the boomerang element without the double loops and part of the lift hill in the background. The whole ride is still so majestic to look at.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing, I really can't bear to see any of it go. If I had to pick one part though easily the boomerang. The whole ride is iconic from the loops to the drop to the helix, but the boomerang is the most famous spot on the ride. It is one of the most picturesque spots in the entire park and honestly it would not look right without it. I'd like to see the park leave it and build a memorial to it there. They could even mount a single train on it if they wanted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite part of the ride was the first drop. Maybe my favorite element in all of Kings Island. I choose none because it's hard enough on me losing such an iconic ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

My favorite part of the ride was the first drop. Maybe my favorite element in all of Kings Island. I choose none because it's hard enough on me losing such an iconic ride. 

That first drop in 7-1 got my stomach over any other drop in the park. The only one that came close was SOB's first drop. I will miss it a lot.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will second Vortex having the best drop in the entire park, sitting in 7-1. Even though it wasn't the steepest drop in the park, the feeling of your stomach dropping out was the best.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I would ride Vortex in the back, I often allowed a few inches of space between me and my restraint, which would cause me to almost stand up on the first drop! Other times I would tuck my knees up and "cannonball" down the drop.

Vortex's first drop definitely had the strongest ejector air of all of Kings Island's coasters. The only other ride to even come close is Diamondback, and hopefully Orion. I hope I never forget that feeling of flying out of your seat on Vortex's first drop.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

When I would ride Vortex in the back, I often allowed a few inches of space between me and my restraint, which would cause me to almost stand up on the first drop! Other times I would tuck my knees up and "cannonball" down the drop.

Vortex's first drop definitely had the strongest ejector air of all of Kings Island's coasters. The only other ride to even come close is Diamondback, and hopefully Orion. I hope I never forget that feeling of flying out of your seat on Vortex's first drop.

Some things like that become engrained in your memory forever, I used to do the exact same thing. At least the Loch Ness Monster is still around because it's drop in the back is very similar to that of Vortex. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always enjoyed seeing all the coasters in the skyline. I would love for The Vortex lift hill to still be visible. I would also be very pleased to have the batwing at the front entrance of the park with a plaque that says "Vortex: 1987-2019."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 3, 2019 at 11:07 PM, VortexBFForever said:

Other times I would tuck my knees up and "cannonball" down the drop.

And I thought I was the only one. I did that every time this season.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least, I want them to keep the station. Normally, I am not a fan of leaving structures up for permanent Haunt attractions. But given the history and design of the station, I'll make an exception. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...