If you had to keep a part of Vortex standing, which part you choose?

Klabergian Empire

If you had to keep one part of Vortex standing, which part would you choose?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Klabergian Empire changed the title to If you had to keep a part of Vortex standing, which part you choose?
  • 2 weeks later...

The whole thing, I really can't bear to see any of it go. If I had to pick one part though easily the boomerang. The whole ride is iconic from the loops to the drop to the helix, but the boomerang is the most famous spot on the ride. It is one of the most picturesque spots in the entire park and honestly it would not look right without it. I'd like to see the park leave it and build a memorial to it there. They could even mount a single train on it if they wanted. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

My favorite part of the ride was the first drop. Maybe my favorite element in all of Kings Island. I choose none because it's hard enough on me losing such an iconic ride. 

That first drop in 7-1 got my stomach over any other drop in the park. The only one that came close was SOB's first drop. I will miss it a lot.

• Like 5

When I would ride Vortex in the back, I often allowed a few inches of space between me and my restraint, which would cause me to almost stand up on the first drop! Other times I would tuck my knees up and "cannonball" down the drop.

Vortex's first drop definitely had the strongest ejector air of all of Kings Island's coasters. The only other ride to even come close is Diamondback, and hopefully Orion. I hope I never forget that feeling of flying out of your seat on Vortex's first drop.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

When I would ride Vortex in the back, I often allowed a few inches of space between me and my restraint, which would cause me to almost stand up on the first drop! Other times I would tuck my knees up and "cannonball" down the drop.

Vortex's first drop definitely had the strongest ejector air of all of Kings Island's coasters. The only other ride to even come close is Diamondback, and hopefully Orion. I hope I never forget that feeling of flying out of your seat on Vortex's first drop.

Some things like that become engrained in your memory forever, I used to do the exact same thing. At least the Loch Ness Monster is still around because it's drop in the back is very similar to that of Vortex. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...