Racer doubleride?

Fishleehooker

The backwards racer started out as a gimmick but ultimately was awesome.  I wish it was back, but am sure there are good reasons its front ways on both sides.   I've always thought that riding a coaster twice in a row, with no reload and just straight back through would be so cool.  Like coaster bucket list stuff. Why not have The Racers do a double ride on certain days or something like that?  Is it doable? Am I the only person that woud find that awesome, since it can be a little tough on you sometimes?  Has this been done before anywhere on a consistent basis?  In my deluded mind it seems like it'd be awesome and one thing that would make The Racers a must ride each visit. 

• Like 1

The Double Ride thing was just on certain days, if I remember correctly.  Double Ride Tuesday, perhaps?  They also had Walk on Weekends, where you could get essentially a front of the line pass to some attractions by visiting a booth in the park.  I still have one for Drop Tower somewhere around the house.

• Like 1

Hey at least they make an effort to make the trains race when both are running.  Back in the Paramount days, I feel like that was not always the case. 

On the other hand, I would love any change which would prevent the train from having to stop in the safety brake tunnel behind the station.  That is by far my least favorite part about Racer.  I wish it were not fully enclosed and so claustrophobic. 

Might have been back in the paramount days but my friends and i used to close out The Racer with many rerides if nobody was waiting for our row they'd let us ride as much as we wanted. but it was at night and hardly anybody in line back then.  Maybe they've changed the rules if nobody is waiting in your row i don't see the harm in letting a person re ride if they ask.  

• Like 1

The reason I have heard for no double rides is for health reasons.  They want you to stand up and walk thru the line again so you can assess your own dizziness.  I bet some people have ridden double rides and not realized that they were so disoriented after the first ride.  I suspect there have been some "protein spills".  I know I have gotten off some coasters and not realized how motion sick I was until I stood up.  

2 years ago I was on Vortex on a Sunday afternoon and the park was dead. The woman that was working the deck told me I could ride until someone was in line for my seat if I wanted to. Did 5 laps before I started to gray out pretty bad, and decided it was time to get off. Went over and rode wind seeker, saw empty trains coming out on Vortex, and decided to go do it again. Glad I got that opportunity for sure, now that it's going to be a defunct ride. 

• Like 2