New Coasterdynamix: Vortex and Son of Beast

Bdd127

Looks like Kings Island is going to make some awesome Coasterdynamix models for Vortex, Son of Beast and Orion! I am so excited to have 2 defunct coasters that I'd never thought I'd ever be able to have models of! This is straight off Coasterdynamix Instagram page. 

Screenshot_20191124-112400~2.png

Screenshot_20191124-104219~2.png

Screenshot_20191124-103107~2.png

• Like 7

I would try to help if I could,  but I won't be back to the park till next year.  That is a long drive, 9 hours!  

I was looking around on Friday at some of the models, and was just thinking "I can't wait till they make an Orion model",  and here we are a few days later!  I will be buying that and the Son of Beast one as well on my next visit! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

So, stupid question... are these Coasterdynamix models working models or just static? Either way, I'm still planning to get that Son of Beast one sometime.

Also, @TheRickster, I had to think about your post for a sec before I got the joke lol :lol:

No just static non moving models. Coasterdynamix does not make the little moving models anymore. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2019 at 11:30 AM, Bdd127 said:

I think this might be the first time a park has done a throwback to any defunct coaster, which is awesome and I absolutely love! 

Carowinds sold a Thunder Road model after they destroyed that coaster.    I’m surprised that Kings Dominion didn’t sell it as their Racer is identical to TR.   

11 hours ago, super7 said:

Carowinds sold a Thunder Road model after they destroyed that coaster.    I’m surprised that Kings Dominion didn’t sell it as their Racer is identical to TR.   

Now the question is, how long did that set stay around for? 

I would suggest calling the park and they can direct you to the correct person. I give this advice as I once contacted Cedar Point and was able to order a Rougarou shirt over the phone and have it shipped to me. The lesson learned that day was: you'll never know if you don't ask! :D

• Like 3

Son of Beast is probably the best looking model they have produced.   On the other side, Orion is probably the worst looking model they have made, due to its completely uninspired lackluster layout.    This has to be one of the most uninteresting layout B & M has ever designed.  

SoB and Vortex sold out tonight.  Orion models were still left at the Italian building store after 10.  

7 minutes ago, super7 said:

Son of Beast is probably the best looking model they have produced.   On the other side, Orion is probably the worst looking model they have made, due to its completely uninspired lackluster layout.    This has to be one of the most uninteresting layout B & M has ever designed.  

SoB and Vortex sold out tonight.  Orion models were still left at the Italian building store after 10.  

They better restock...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, super7 said:

There is no way Orion is the most lackluster B&M ever. The reason the nanocoaster (not the actual coaster) may not appear to be as cool as the Son of Beast and Vortex nanocoasters is because Orion does not have all of the supports and inversions that the other two have. I would not judge the layout of Orion based on the nanocoaster itself, and I am sure that the actual Orion will be great! However, I still think the Orion nanocoaster is cool for what it is, and it is nice for the park to be offering it as well as the other two new models!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

There is no way Orion is the most lackluster B&M ever. The reason the nanocoaster (not the actual coaster) may not appear to be as cool as the Son of Beast and Vortex nanocoasters is because Orion does not have all of the supports and inversions that the other two have. I would not judge the layout of Orion based on the nanocoaster itself, and I am sure that the actual Orion will be great! However, I still think the Orion nanocoaster is cool for what it is, and it is nice for the park to be offering it as well as the other two new models!

It’s out and back with a helix.  5 drops and a bunny hop.  The model doesn’t look good because of the layout IMO.    It’s not the lack of supports because I think the Diamondback model looks good and is interesting. 

It’s also worth noting that the Son of Beast model is painted brown    

Hello all, I am able and willing to get a hold of these as well as current ones as well. I will also ship anywhere in the world. I have quite a few Orion ones and hope to get more SoB and Vortex ones in during the coming days. I also have Diamondback, Beast, Mystic Timbers, and Banshee available as well. If you are interested, please send me a PM and I can provide you with more information.

I emailed the park a little while back, and they got back to me that if you call the Kings Island warehouse they will be able to process and send out the new Nanocoasters, the next shipment should come in at some point this week and they will take your name and phone number for the time being, if anyone needs the number just let me know! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Is the Son of Beast one priced differently than the others. This one looks to be a lot more involved than the rest. 

All of the previous models were increased to $34.99 at the park.   They used to be$29.99.    The new models were also selling for $34.99 last weekend.   Five dollars is a pretty big jump in price but the park has to make up for their cheap season passes and meal plans in other ways LOL

• Like 1