flightoffear1996

Retheming of Back Lot Stunt Coaster

So I was on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner and during the drive I was thinking what Kings Island would overhaul Back Lot Stunt Coaster.  Here are my thoughts below.

New Name: Junkyard Coaster
The park would add junkyard fencing (sheet metal privacy fence) all the way around the ride.  Plant some climbing plants along the fencing to pretty the area up from the midway.  Could even put a small family flat ride in in some of the areas.  Now the theming for the ride they could go purchase a bunch of old cars and litter them throughout the ride area.  Maybe throw in some of the old Vortex track in there as well.  

Thought number 2

Name: Around the Town

The new theme would feature classic things you would see around Cincinnati.  You could setup some fake Skyline buildings, LaRosas.  and some Cincinnati Landmarks.   You could retheme the trains to ride in cheese coneys!  

• Like 3

I would love to see backlot retheme however theming it to a junkyard wouldn’t be that good imo. My main gripe with this coaster is how ugly it is especially for a coaster that’s in the middle of the park. Theming it to a junkyard wouldn’t do a lot to fix this issue imo.

• Like 1

With its proximity to Rivertown, I would theme it to a mine train. I know the park has Adventure Express, but I think you could do a really neat coal mine theme. You don’t even have to remove the fire effects, theme it to dynamite going off like Firechaser Express.

• Like 2

A mine train would be awesome. The ride is such an eye sore but it really is a good little ride for those not ready for the bigger rides yet. 

• Like 2

Hey you stole my nickname for the Junkyard Coaster! If they wanted to retheme it to that, all they have to do is put a new sign up!

Seriously, I'd love a retheme. Remove the shipping containers, junked cars and rip rap. Lush landscaping and some water features, and it could be a thrilling version of Ohio Overland Auto Livery (with new fiberglass covers for the trains).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The ride itself is kind of built around the theming it has. I really don't think you can expect to see CF change anything up too much. That being said, they could at least try and add more detail to the cars. I can understand not being able to make them look like Mini Coopers again, but that vague car-shaped blob design is no good.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

With its proximity to Rivertown, I would theme it to a mine train. I know the park has Adventure Express, but I think you could do a really neat coal mine theme. You don’t even have to remove the fire effects, theme it to dynamite going off like Firechaser Express.

My thoughts exactly.   Retheme it to a mine train.     Build a facade mountain around the helix with a waterfall.  Make it fit and truly be a centerpiece in the park instead of an eyesore    

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Hey you stole my nickname for the Junkyard Coaster! If they wanted to retheme it to that, all they have to do is put a new sign up! emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Amen! That’s what I was thinking...where’s the retheme?! :P
Personally I wish they would strip all the theming away and just landscape around it with trees and bushes. (I really wouldn’t care if they just removed it...none of my family usually bothers to ride it...but I never wish death on a ride just because I don’t care about it.)

• Like 1

I would retheme it around the Reds and have them do that race through the city thing they show on the scoreboard with Gapper, Mr Red and Rosie Red. Would be a good nod to the hometown team!

• Like 2

I would re-theme it to a coaster that’s dismantled and sent to Michigan’s Adventure in favor of something appropriately themed and landscaped. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

I would re-theme it to a coaster that’s dismantled and sent to Michigan’s Adventure in favor of something appropriately themed and landscaped. 

Yeah. One major flaw. You said Michigan's Adventure.

^^ So you want it to stay where it is, but in pieces and with concrete and zero trees for as far as the eye can see? ;)

You know... I hadn't really thought of Backlot being themed to a mine train, but I actually really like that idea. It'd be like our own little version of Hong Kong Disneyland's Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars. It could even be, like, a haunted mine train with lots of effects in the tunnel from the MCBR to the former splashdown.

Aaaaand now I'm gonna be daydreaming about this all afternoon.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2019 at 10:39 PM, ohiocoasterfan said:

I would retheme it around the Reds and have them do that race through the city thing they show on the scoreboard with Gapper, Mr Red and Rosie Red. Would be a good nod to the hometown team!

And maybe theme the CW and KD to the blue jays and nats respectively 

2 minutes ago, FitzGorrelCoasters said:

This is going to be Top Thrill Cubster all over again

Patriot gets sent to SFNE and they rename Timberwolf Chief