Racer Track Work

Sixflags82

Red far turnaround needs same work that was done on blue last year.  The racing is awful on this coaster because of the uneven fat turnarounds, the uneven lift hill speed and the uneven initial turnaround.   It definitely needs The Racer 75 synchronized lift hill treatment.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, super7 said:

Red far turnaround needs same work that was fine on blue last year.  The racing is awful on this coaster because of the uneven fat turnarounds, the uneven lift hill speed and the uneven initial turnaround.   It definitely needs The Racer 75 synchronized lift hill treatment.  

Maybe for the KI and The Racer's 50th birthday a nice renovation will be done.  Racer deserves it. 

• Like 3

Woddies always need maintenance and see some of the points, but I don't know how anyone can complain about any KI woddies. Go ride Hoosier Hurricane at IB. Raven at HW. Voyage about 5 years ago before they started major track work was very bad. Most Six flags woddies if they have not been RMC'd.

I think we are very lucky to have the KI maintenance team working on Beast, Racer, MT, and WE. They take really good care of our woddies compared to other parks. I think we need to give them a lot of credit for taking such good care of them. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Woddies always need maintenance and see some of the points, but I don't know how anyone can complain about any KI woddies. Go ride Hoosier Hurricane at IB. Raven at HW. Voyage about 5 years ago before they started major track work was very bad. Most Six flags woddies if they have not been RMC'd. 

I think we are very lucky to have the KI maintenance team working on Beast, Racer, MT, and WE. They take really good care of our woddies compared to other parks. I think we need to give them a lot of credit for taking such good care of them. 

I was always under the impression that the roughness is one of the appeals of wooden roller coasters. I love getting battered around by The Beast.

• Like 3

I think they do great work, and I was glad they put a lot of effort into Blue last year.

The Beast I have no problems with.  It's The Racer.  

I realize that this is very subjective, but I just don't get how two parks in the same chain can have vastly different ride and aesthetic appearances on their signature twin roller coasters.  Racer 75--butter smooth and a ton of airtime.  Freshly repaired track, ledgers, and batter braces.  Now even parts of the structure have been redone.

The Racer, the coaster that is responsible for most of the roller coasters that have come since, has a decent side and a side that is terrible to ride.  And it looks terrible.  It's going to be much more noticeable with Orion right behind it now.  

I hope a restoration is in plans for 2022.

• Like 2

I'm glad to at least see some love given to The Racer. I'm hoping for the parks 50th anniversary the ride gets a whole overhaul. I will say it is interesting on racer 75/ rebel yell how most parts are retracked and then a couple aren't, so you go from butter smooth to incredibly rough then back to butter smooth. 

• Like 1

I can usually take a pretty good beating and still enjoy a ride, but yeah for me personally Red Racer this year was horrible. Which is funny, cuz last year I considered Red to be the better of the two. Blue side this year was actually quite fun, even on wheel seats. (For me at least.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

^ I think its original intent was to keep the skid brakes dry. Wet skid brakes do not function as well as dry ones.

Why they keep it now, though, is beyond me. Carowinds and Kings Dominion had or have clones with much more pleasant-to-sit-on brake runs.

Wasn't the tunnel added after the last bunny hill was removed for the X Base path. 

1 hour ago, tuxedoman52 said:

I read on a forum a long time ago that it wasn't actually necessary to remove it...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It has long been said that the hill was removed to create the path to Flight of Fear. That path had been there for a while for maintenance, the reason the bunny hills were removed was to increase the height clearance due to the increase in pedestrian traffic.

I'm not an expert in OSHA laws or anything, so I'm not sure if that was required by law/necessary or not. I do know that I, too, would like it back! :P

• Like 2