Jump to content
Sixflags82

Racer Track Work

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I thought the other reason it was removed was to extend the brake run when they replaced the trains around that time.  

If you notice, the brakes don't actually occur until you're inside of the tunnel, which I believe is past where the last bunny hill concluded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last drop that was removed on Racer is pictured here below. It seems there would have been enough clearance already there before FoF was built. Come to think of it, was the last drop still on Racer around the time X-Base (now Area 72) opened?

Image result for racer kings island

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

The last drop that was removed on Racer is pictured here below. It seems there would have been enough clearance already there before FoF was built. Come to think of it, was the last drop still on Racer around the time X-Base (now Area 72) opened?

Image result for racer kings island

The forwards side’s hill was removed prior to the 1996 season. The hill on the backwards side was removed after the 1996 season. The modification was done in-house, so they had limited staff and time to work with, so they were removed at different times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

The forwards side’s hill was removed prior to the 1996 season. The hill on the backwards side was removed after the 1996 season. The modification was done in-house, so they had limited staff and time to work with, so they were removed at different times.

Do you know if the removal was because of clearance or something else (if you know)?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Do you know if the removal was because of clearance or something else (if you know)?

It was removed to increase the height clearance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

But why?

“Height clearance needed to be increased through that pathway for future expansion opportunities,” according to one of the main people behind the change. That’s all the info I have.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, teenageninja said:

But why?

A lot of trucks drive under racer nowadays since before Orion started construction, there used to be a large warehouse behind there. I believe it was for games, but maybe merch as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Racer never had the tunnel in the final drop, but the tunnel in the final drop on Racer 75 and Thunder Road is/was an Awesome finale.  The elimination of the final hill of Racer ruined that possibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...