1992 Dinn woodie?

dropdasher

5 hours ago, Joshua said:

Is this the one that was that was rumored to be The Addams Family?

No, Addams Family was part of a survey and the ride we got within a few years later was Italian Job Stunt Track (Backlot Stunt Coaster) in 2005. Rumor has it that it was supposed to be similar to Mystery Mine, which would have been awesome. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

No, Addams Family was part of a survey and the ride we got within a few years later was Italian Job Stunt Track (Backlot Stunt Coaster) in 2005. Rumor has it that it was supposed to be similar to Mystery Mine, which would have been awesome. 

Yeah, but not as cool as Discount Rock-n-Roller Coaster Soundwave.

37 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’d like a retheme to something similar to mystery mine. I feel the scenery would be fantastic 

36 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

This is a great story and it’s one I used to love, but it’s not true. Everyone always points out that Anthony Esparza worked at both Paramount Parks and Herschend when they did Mystery Mine. In reality, Addams Family was developed after Esparza had left the company.

37 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

This is a great story and it’s one I used to love, but it’s not true. Everyone always points out that Anthony Esparza worked at both Paramount Parks and Herschend when they did Mystery Mine. In reality, Addams Family was developed after Esparza had left the company.

Right.  And I've seen a video of someone from DW denying the rumor during a Q & A.  I don't think it's out of the range of possibility that if there were an Addams Family coaster there would be similarities to Mystery Mine though.

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Paramount Parks sure had a knack for ignoring the studio's more popular franchises while fitting their then contemporary, yet quickly forgotten tentpoles for rides. Addams Family would've been the better theming. 

I often wonder if Viacom hadn't purchased Paramount, had they chosen better IPs for ride experiences, and had they delivered great theming, would our perception of Paramount Parks be a lot more positive? 

31 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I often wonder if Viacom hadn't purchased Paramount, had they chosen better IPs for ride experiences, and had they delivered great theming, would our perception of Paramount Parks be a lot more positive? 

Yes.

Absolutely yes.

Viacom lost interest in the parks not long after they acquired Paramount.

• Like 1