Dinn Corporation in West Chester Ohio

Hey guys, long time no post. I noticed on the Kings Island discussion page on the forum menu, a topic was brought up regarding the Dinn Corporation wooden coaster that was planned for the 1992 season before Dinn closed their operations. But there was one thing that I always found interesting about Dinn. Their headquarters were located in West Chester, Ohio, not far from Mason in Butler County. I've lived in the West Chester my entire life and have always found it amazing that a major player in the amusement industry was located there.

Does anyone know where exactly they and Denise Dinn Larrick's company, Custom Coasters International (CCI), were located in West Chester? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

Hey guys, long time no post. I noticed on the Kings Island discussion page on the forum menu, a topic was brought up regarding the Dinn Corporation wooden coaster that was planned for the 1992 season before Dinn closed their operations. But there was one thing that I always found interesting about Dinn. Their headquarters were located in West Chester, Ohio, not far from Mason in Butler County. I've lived in the West Chester my entire life and have always found it amazing that a major player in the amusement industry was located there.

Does anyone know where exactly they and Denise Dinn Larrick's company, Custom Coasters International (CCI), were located in West Chester? 

I don't know if you know this but just in case, the Gravity Group which was formed from the ashes of CCI which itself was formed from the ashes of the Dinn Corporation is currently located in West Chester.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

I don't know if you know this but just in case, the Gravity Group which was formed from the ashes of CCI which itself was formed from the ashes of the Dinn Corporation is currently located in West Chester.

I knew that. It's amazing knowing that our area played, and still plays, a significant role in the amusement industry. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I knew that. It's amazing knowing that our area played, and still plays, a significant role in the amusement industry. 

Yep.

Additionally,  

Togo USA was out of Middletown, OH

Skyline Attractions was founded by people from NKY/Cincinnati (guess where they got the name)

Great Coasters Intl has an office in Florence, KY

Likely even more.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Yep.

Additionally,  

Togo USA was out of Middletown, OH

To add to that, Walt Davis (Kings Island's maintenance and construction director 1978-1982 and operations director 1982-1984) was the vice president of the American branch of Togo. The last coaster he had a hand in was the Manhattan Express/Big Apple Coaster. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

To add to that, Walt Davis (Kings Island's maintenance and construction director 1978-1982 and operations director 1982-1984) was the vice president of the American branch of Togo. The last coaster he had a hand in was the Manhattan Express/Big Apple Coaster. 

He still lives locally.  A friend of mine interviewed him for a project.  Stay tuned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1