Nano-coasters Now Available Online

jimlaheyscar

3 hours ago, jimlaheyscar said:

https://www.kingsislandgear.com/

Shipping seems to be $6/order.

I understand that this is excusive merchandise, but I still think $6 for shipping is a little on the high side. It does not cost them that much to ship it.  With so many avenues to order online with free shipping, I could see this detracting people - especially gift shoppers.  If you buy one it's $41 for a nano coaster.  That's a little ridiculous.  

48 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I understand that this is excusive merchandise, but I still think $6 for shipping is a little on the high side. It does not cost them that much to ship it.  With so many avenues to order online with free shipping, I could see this detracting people - especially gift shoppers.  If you buy one it's $41 for a nano coaster.  That's a little ridiculous.  

Think positively, at least the park is doing this at all. If not people would be paying stupid amounts more on ebay. I don't think any other park has tried this before, so I'm very happy about this. Kings Island cares about its community. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don't know about that. I won't say who, but an employee went to the park and purchased one for me, then is sending it USPS. Although, she is sending it to me me 2 day and wrapped in bubble. So, it cost me $45 and change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KIBeast said:

I don't know about that. I won't say who, but an employee went to the park and purchased one for me, then is sending it USPS. Although, she is sending it to me me 2 day and wrapped in bubble. So, it cost me $45 and change. 

I don't think your nanocoaster will get a luxurious ride to your house if you order it from KI.  lol  

But hey, if people will pay for it then go for it. 

• Like 1

$6 is too much. I've shipped a lot of these across the country, and when they come in at ~8oz, it's about $3.25 on average for USPS first class. Add another $0.75 at most for administrative and overhead costs and you get $4. With tax, these are $45, which is the same price as eBay, but you get more buyer protection through eBay.

4 hours ago, IceePirate said:

$6 is too much. I've shipped a lot of these across the country, and when they come in at ~8oz, it's about $3.25 on average for USPS first class. Add another $0.75 at most for administrative and overhead costs and you get $4. With tax, these are $45, which is the same price as eBay, but you get more buyer protection through eBay.

So, the park selling them for $45.00 end cost is too much...but an eBay seller selling them for the same price is not? :blink:

I agree that eBay does have a good buyer protection plan...but I see no reason why the park’s merchandising department wouldn’t be at least equal to that.

17 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don't think your nanocoaster will get a luxurious ride to your house if you order it from KI.  lol  

But hey, if people will pay for it then go for it. 

That is very true. I was just meaning that the $6 isn't too far off from what the post office receipt said the cost was. The bubble packaging was $2.19 and the shipping was $7.35. I don't know how they are shipping for cheaper, actually. 

1 hour ago, KIBeast said:

That is very true. I was just meaning that the $6 isn't too far off from what the post office receipt said the cost was. The bubble packaging was $2.19 and the shipping was $7.35. I don't know how they are shipping for cheaper, actually. 

Bubble packaging is closer to $0.50 each in bulk and with USPS first class shipping being at most $4 if it's to California. This is with the commercial price for USPS, not the individual price. $7.35 sounds like the priority mail price.

On a side note, the eBay ones are actually marginally cheaper than what KI is selling for online, so that's something.

3 hours ago, IceePirate said:

Ah I gotcha. Let me know if you want to buy more btw, I can provide them to anyone for $37.99 shipped with 2-3 day domestic shipping.

I ordered mine through the website as soon as they popped up, so I'll let everyone know how it goes when they come in and how they are packaged. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if you can purchase the KI Nanocoaster kits anywhere online?  I know the park was selling the SOB, Orion, and Vortex ones, but they appear to be all sold out.  Also....didn't they have ones for Beast and Banshee at one point?