Locals concerned that Kings Island is violating noise ordinances

BoddaH1994

4 hours ago, Bansheelover said:

These goobers make me want to scream as loud as I can when riding Orion and Diamondback. 

2 hours ago, coastergirl24 said:

I am sorry but I want to scream Do You Hear Me Now!!

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

We should do a KIC takeover of Diamondback and yell that towards the houses at the top of the first hill.

I may not agree with everything the author said...but people screaming was not his complaint, just the time of day.

Here is his quote:

“We like hearing the train ride; we like hearing people having fun. We just don’t like hearing it when we’re trying to sleep,” said Ken Taylor.

• Like 2

Try living near a steel plant, in a major city, or by train tracks. The noises don't stop because it is time for bed. At least on most nights, the park is done before midnight. 

I'm sorry, but if you buy a house near an amusement park, what you get is a house near an amusement park. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Maddog said:

Noise pollution is a solvable problem.  Society shouldn't continue to accept this as normal. It is just lazy engineering.

I don’t understand.  Are you saying B&M is lazy because they don’t make a stealth coaster?  Even if they could, who would want such a thing?  Coasters are loud, it’s in the rules.  :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Maddog said:

Noise pollution is a solvable problem.  Society shouldn't continue to accept this as normal. It is just lazy engineering.

I am curious to see how you would solve the problem of coasters making noise.

Seems like you would be a very rich man if this is just due to "lazy engineering".

I feel bad for the neighbors who feel as if Kings Island is too loud. No one likes having loud neighbors. But when your neighbor is a 230ft B&M...I don't see an easy solution.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 7:14 PM, Klabergian Empire said:

They will probably have to fill Orions drop with sand to cut down on the noise (like they did with Leviathan).

I still think this is going to happen at some point. Considering it happen to Leviathan, it is most likely going to happen to Orion.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thatguyfromohio said:

What do people expect when they buy a house near an amusement park? It's not like they moved in and Kings Island sprung up overnight.

• Like 7

stuff like this really ticks me off... these people are just not smart. how can you move into a house not even a mile from an amusement park and expect silent days? they should be whining to themselves, not the park.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Patrickbateman86 said:

What do people expect when they buy a house near an amusement park? It's not like they moved in and Kings Island sprung up overnight.

Yeah, I really don't empathize. These people had options and trust me, there are plenty of families out there who wish they did and would gladly live in a cozy McMansion by an amusement park. 

• Like 3