Locals concerned that Kings Island is violating noise ordinances

BoddaH1994

Same thing happened up on the north side of Columbus at Polaris.

Concert Amphitheater was there for 8 years or so, then people started building neighborhoods behind it.  Within probably 2 years they had complained enough that they got the amphitheater completely demolished!   Such a shame...

It's not like those people didn't know what they were doing building a house there!!?? 

BTW, what does a coaster with sand in the track sound (and FEEL) like?? 

• Like 1

Same thing happened up on the north side of Columbus at Polaris.
Concert Amphitheater was there for 8 years or so, then people started building neighborhoods behind it.  Within probably 2 years they had complained enough that they got the amphitheater completely demolished!   Such a shame...
It's not like those people didn't know what they were doing building a house there!!?? 
BTW, what does a coaster with sand in the track sound (and FEEL) like?? 

If you’ve ever been to Cedar Point GateKeeper has sand in track and probably Valravn. It feels the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well, that was unexpected. I figured Orion had sand in the rails from the start, but adding sand to the spine on parts of Diamondback after 11 years? They added sand to the spine on Leviathan's first drop at CW after the first season because of how close that park is to residential (surrounded, actually) but that's after one season, not 11 years...

• Like 2

Does anyone else find their claim that Diamondback “makes the windows rattle” a bit ridiculous? It can’t possibly be that loud at that distance. 

I’m glad KI is listening to them though, I think taking action to reduce noise is a good step in improving their relations with the surrounding neighborhoods.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Does anyone else find their claim that Diamondback “makes the windows rattle” a bit ridiculous? It can’t possibly be that loud at that distance.

Wouldn’t the windows in Rivertown be rattling if it was that bad… hopefully them filling the spine of Diamondback will resolve most of the issues though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snowball said:

I’m glad KI is listening to them though, I think taking action to reduce noise is a good step in improving their relations with the surrounding neighborhoods.

With these people if you give an inch they will take a mile.  Articles make it sound like the residents discovered you can add sand to b&m's while Cedar Fair had no idea.

• Haha 1

I, for one, am glad Diamondback is getting sand as it is really loud. Not Raptor loud, but really loud when you are walking down the midway. Like, I know the B&M roar adds to the ambiance (see KI's Banshee and Rougarou at Cedar Point), but, IMO, there's a limit to the loudness.

And yes, I have delivered pizza to a neighborhood that has a great view of Kings Island from their backyards (not Miami Bluffs- though I have delivered there), but IIRC, it's the one closest to Kings Schools.

EDIT: Diamondback with a tunnel would actually be really cool and not make the ride so bland (imo).

• Like 1