DDN: Things to do on New Year’s Eve this year

BoddaH1994

We all know that Winterfest is the place to be on New Year’s Eve if you’re in Kansas City (or Cincinnati. whatever.)

Here is a list of things to do for NYE in the Cincinnati, including a few more details on the Winterfest New Years party.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/top-new-year-eve-parties-cincinnati-and-butler-county/LweyzJInjPT3siMO6VK5uI/

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I still wonder why the rides stop at 10pm this year and there still may not be a lot to do after 10pm.

I’ve HEARD they are concerned that the rides certs won’t be valid after midnight so they are making sure that everything is cycled off by then. I suppose they are anticipating larger crowds than last year. Take that for what it’s worth.

• Thanks 1

1. more. day! I am so excited about this!!! Also, keep in mind that this New Year's, it will be the 20th anniversary of the year 2000 (aka the new millennium)!

I do have a question, though: for the Winterfest portion of the night, will most of the WF shows (specifically, I'm wondering about 4 Drummers Drumming) be on their regular schedule? I know Tinkers has its special thing and What the Dickens ends tonight, but I was wondering about the others; thanks!

EDIT: Also, I wonder if there will be any exclusive "2020" NYE merch available at the park?

11 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

1. more. day! I am so excited about this!!! Also, keep in mind that this New Year's, it will be the 20th anniversary of the year 2000 (aka the new millennium)!

I do have a question, though: for the Winterfest portion of the night, will most of the WF shows (specifically, I'm wondering about 4 Drummers Drumming) be on their regular schedule? I know Tinkers has its special thing and What the Dickens ends tonight, but I was wondering about the others; thanks!

EDIT: Also, I wonder if there will be any exclusive "2020" NYE merch available at the park?

Any word on why Dickens ended last night? 

To my knowledge, Dickens is ending tonight as the Peanuts Playhouse is where one of the NYE events is being held. I say this as I was told by Guest Services that the Peanuts Playhouse is where a NYE character meet and greet will be (I went there after riding Mystic Saturday as I was wondering what other Winterfest shows would still be playing Tuesday while the park is still in "Winterfest mode", as the Winterfest Players told me the last show of "What the Dickens" would be Monday evening).

If the show's last night was Sunday night, that's news to me. My last viewing was Saturday night for the 9:30 show.

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Any word on why Dickens ended last night? 

3 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

To my knowledge, Dickens is ending tonight as the Peanuts Playhouse is where one of the NYE events is being held. I say this as I was told by Guest Services that the Peanuts Playhouse is where a NYE character meet and greet will be (I went there after riding Mystic Saturday as I was wondering what other Winterfest shows would still be playing Tuesday while the park is still in "Winterfest mode", as the Winterfest Players told me the last show of "What the Dickens" would be Monday evening).

If the show's last night was Sunday night, that's news to me. My last viewing was Saturday night for the 9:30 show.

I thought the park was closed last night?