2020 Additions and Improvements

FUN&ONLY!

71AC4232-CEBB-42CF-BCD8-DCA8BDCB2DD2.jpegCredit: Warren County Recorder

I know a Notice of Commencement document was leaked a year or so ago where we first found out that Kings Island was working with B&M, but today there is a new Notice of Commencement dated to only about a week ago. This document contains some interesting information for sure! In addition to the companies listed previously for the Orion project, other companies that were absent before are now listed like SkyHigh Erectors. More interesting, however, is the mention of new companies the park has contracted for next year including O’Rourke Wrecking Company (probably for Vortex’s demolition), Great Coasters International (most likely for more Racer re-tracking), and waterslide and pool restoration companies (maybe for slides in Soak City). There are many other companies listed too that I have not had the time to look into, but I hope you find this interesting!

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Interesting... I looked at the aqua men company listed and they only do slide restorations. They have worked with CF before and have some nice before and after to look at.

The one that interests me is GCI. Were they listed last year when they did the retrack of The Racer turnarounds?

I think they only did the blue side this past year. Maybe it's time for the red side since it was rougher than the blue side (from my experience) this year. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think they only did the blue side this past year. Maybe it's time for the red side since it was rougher than the blue side (from my experience) this year. 

That‘a very possible. But if they weren’t listed last year then they might be working on something slightly more substantial. Who knows

im just here hoping they repaint a few rides. Diamondback and racer are near the top of the list for me. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

So I guess that means O’Rourke will indeed be doing Vortex’s demo? Unless they’re going to remove another coaster which at this point doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility.

Or they are taking out a building, or underground stuff, a road, or any number of other services they offer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

Unless they’re going to remove another coaster which at this point doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility.

I would be really surprised if they are going to remove another coaster. Out of all the coasters at Kings Island, Invertigo would be the next on the chopping block. 

• Like 4

It mentions B&M again but probably to cover work on Orion that goes from 2019 into 2020. It also mentioned an asphalt company. Can’t find the name again. Parking lot repairs? One final mention of a fencing company I wonder if they will build a privacy fence around The Vortex plot since there is no public plans for it yet. 

• Like 4

Think more family level attractions as a whole, not jstu the kids area. They have a great kids area now and don't want them to ignore it but feel liek more family level flats and attractions spread around the park would be good. There's a few for the whole family in PS but it's mostly just Coney Mall for family rides. Rest of the park seems to be coasters and big flats. Want to see them really focus on addign more flat rides and maybe a new dark ride or something.

• Like 8

I went through the various names and looked at what each company does. The ones that are interesting are the following:

Ride Entertainment Systems- sales and installation of rides. Recently installed two coasters at Nickelodeon Universal. They work a lot with Gerstlauer but do all types of attractions as well. http://www.rideentertainment.com/news/

Daniels Wood Land- They create all kinds of interactive play areas and specialize in heavy themeing. They did the themeing for Mystic Timbers. They would likely be involved with whatever themeing comes to Area 72 and Orion. https://danielswoodland.com/

Greater Coasters International- Possibly listed for additional retrack work on Racer but were not listed on last years notice when the turnaround was worked on.

Aqua men Waterslide Restorations- Resurface and restore various water slides. They have worked with CF before. http://www.aquamen.net/

PSS Contractors LLC- Commercial pool installation and refurbishment. They do large commercial pools and splash features. https://www.psscontractors.com/

• Like 8

On December 27, 2019 at 11:32 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Or they are taking out a building, or underground stuff, a road, or any number of other services they offer. 

What are the chances of Action Theater finally getting demolished?

It's a bit of an eyesore from Racer (as it will be from Orion no doubt) and it's land could potentially house a new attraction. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Joshua said:

It's a bit of an eyesore from Racer (as it will be from Orion no doubt) and it's land could potentially house a new attraction. 

Not gonna happen. It also serves as the tech services building in the basement, so that alone is grounds for it staying. The real tragedy is that they haven’t reopened it, especially for Winterfest. 

• Like 5

On 12/28/2019 at 10:33 AM, DownInRivertown said:

I really hope they do something cool with Vortex’s space! I love the idea they had with bringing back the antiques cars — fun for families and brings back nostalgia for older people. I would really like to see them bring back a revamped version of an old attraction. 

I mentioned this in another topic, but I would love for Kings Island to get an rmc to fill the empty space of Vortex. As far as updating the Planet Snoopy area, I'm not sure what you would throw in there to make it better. Maybe throw in another kid friendly roller coaster? As far as an old attraction, I would love if they brought something back that was part of Coney Island history way back when.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, SnakePlissken said:

My moneys on a 2021 Soak City addition. Probably a rename to something with Harbor or Shore  in the name. The park could get rid of the 2nd wave pool and add a water coaster. Boo Blasters needs a retheme bad too.

I just wish the layout was a bit different in the kids area of Soak City. I had a horrible time keeping up with my daughter when she was 4. Can run in any direction and off to the rest of the park. It was actually why I went to Kentucky Kingdom for waterpark when she was little: fenced in so less stressful.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2019 at 1:00 PM, Klabergian Empire said:

What they really need is an Oktoberfest addition. Period. That area hasn't recieved a new ride since Adventure Express in the early 90's.

That’s probably in the pipeline in an upcoming year like Carowinds got their “new” County Fair flat ride package a few years ago. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 9:01 AM, Joshua said:

In the perfect world that building would get demolished and Racers turnarounds would be reconstructed together like Racer 75 and Thunder Road.   I never did understand that wide split on a racing coaster where you lose sight of the other train.  

If the building stands it should be made into a dark ride or live entertainment venue  The Park definitely needs more indoor attractions for bad weather days  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, super7 said:

In the perfect world that building would get demolished and Racers turnarounds would be reconstructed together like Racer 75 and Thunder Road.   I never did understand that wide split on a racing coaster where you lose sight of the other train.  

If the building stands it should be made into a dark ride or live entertainment venue  The Park definitely needs more indoor attractions for bad weather days  

Agreed. Aside from the unfortunate placement of the venue, I think it’s a real shame that it’s not used except for Haunt.  It’s an indoor venue with both heat and air conditioning. Now more than ever they could use indoor facilities. Plus there’s no doubt that there is some sort of iWerks Christmas or winter video that can be shown. This can be done no matter the weather and would be marketable as another open ride.

• Like 4

What they really need is an Oktoberfest addition. Period. That area hasn't recieved a new ride since Adventure Express in the early 90's.

Preaching to the choir my dude--100% onboard with this.

Soak City could use love too-but IMHO would need a massive re-do to make it attractive. Huge crowds, acres upon acres of scorching pavement, and massive lines because they don't open every slides even with the water on. 

• Like 1

I think you'll see something for the park's 50th. I'd imagine AE will get rethemed or brought back to its former glory. I still want some theming to Action Zone as well. Heck I would love it if AZ would merge with OF to make one big Oktoberfest/dark forest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1