2020 Additions and Improvements

FUN&ONLY!

On 12/28/2019 at 1:00 PM, Klabergian Empire said:

What they really need is an Oktoberfest addition. Period. That area hasn't recieved a new ride since Adventure Express in the early 90's.

Technically Sling Shot would qualify as an Oktoberfest addition; it opened in 2002.

8 hours ago, chuck norris said:

The plants vs zombies 4D ride at Carowinds in their old action theater is pretty fun. I was hopeful that would be reapplied to KI.

I was really excited to do the Plants vs. Zombies ride when I went to Carowinds last year and thought it may be a good fit for KI's theater. After riding, I'm not as open to the idea - in my opinion it was confusing and very underwhelming. 20+ people shooting at the same screen, even with little number identifiers, just felt very messy.

23 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

The chairs have been mostly removed.

Have they? I know all the chairs were removed from Side A in 2011 for Dinosaurs Alive! 3D, but I think most (if not all) remain in Side B. Maybe the bottom row of chairs were removed for Urgent Scare, but all the other ones should still be there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Finish replacing the rest of the black top with pavers. Repaint The Racers and remove the walls on the brake run.  Remove LaRosas from the park and replace the pizza with whatever kinda of pizza Cedar Point has. 

LaRosas pizza in Kings Island is an icon. Cincinnati pizza and they are a huge KI sponsor. Cmon now FOF96 sit down and eat a slice with me and lets talk this over hahaha 

• Like 6

CP has at least 2 different pizzas.  Most huts have a really crummy concoction but Wagon Wheel back by Town Hall is different and actually fairly decent.  I believe they have pizza as well at the new Hugo’s Italian Kitchen (Former Market Street Cafe) but have not tried it yet.

My biggest issue with LaRosa’s at KI is they hardly put any cheese on it.  It is mostly bread and sauce.  My oldest won’t touch CP generic or LaRosa’s but loves Wagon Wheel.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Finish replacing the rest of the black top with pavers. Repaint The Racers and remove the walls on the brake run.  Remove LaRosas from the park and replace the pizza with whatever kinda of pizza Cedar Point has. 

I agree. LaRosas is just awful.   It’s not even as good as quality as supermarket frozen pizza.  How do they stay in business with that lie of quality product?    Kings dominion and Carowinds have their own pizza and it is much higher quality. 

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, super7 said:

I agree. LaRosas is just awful.   It’s not even as good as quality as supermarket frozen pizza.  How do they stay in business with that lie of quality product?    Kings dominion and Carowinds have their own pizza and it is much higher quality. 

Maybe it's because a large chunk of Cincinnati area locals love LaRosas which keeps them in business. I love LaRosas myself, but I understand how some people aren't a fan of it. Kinda like the chili places like Skyline and Gold Star. I'm a Cincy area local. 

• Like 2

If one can look down at cooked pizza and see portions of the crust poking through then what you were served is not pizza but cheesy bread with some sauce.  (LaRosas at KI)

I make pizza for the boys at least once a week and use at least a pound of mozzarella on a 14” round and more on a 12x18 square.  A stand mixer and the Fleishmans fast rising pizza yeast make it a snap.  I can have two pizzas out of the oven in 35 minutes, faster than most delivery and just as fast as running for fast food. 

Pizza is not hard and KI should be able to do much better.  LaRosas has a signature sauce one may or may not like but come on, put some actual food on the pie.  

1 minute ago, King Ding Dong said:

If one can look down at cooked pizza and see portions of the crust poking through then what you were served is not pizza but cheesy bread with some sauce.  (LaRosas at KI)

I make pizza for the boys at least once a week and use at least a pound of mozzarella on a 14” round and more on a 12x18 square.  A stand mixer and the Fleishmans fast rising pizza yeast make it a snap.  I can have two pizzas out of the oven in 35 minutes, faster than most delivery and just as fast as running for fast food. 

Pizza is not hard and KI should be able to do much better.  LaRosas has a signature sauce one may or may not like but come on, put some actual food on the pie.  

They have pepperoni and sometimes meat lover pizzas at KI LaRosas. 

Cedar Point pizza is terrible. I only tried it in Frontertown during Haunt. I'm thinking the firehouse building? I assumed all Cedar Point pizza was the same like all Kings Island pizza is La Rosa's. La Rosa's 15 years ago was the best pizza ever and I made sure to buy whole pies in the park.  Now its not near as good but I find its hit and miss. sometimes terrible but not Cedar Point pizza bad. Sometimes decent but not the pizza I remember.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, super7 said:

Keep in mind that LaRosa's at the park doesn't really represent LaRosa's actual pizzerias. It is way more flavorful and better made outside the park. "Heat lamp" slices never hold up to the "real thing."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I would also like to see something added to Oktoberfest. From reading the list of companies on the commencement it looks like another restaurant could be coming as well.  Maybe something new in the AZ area?

Perhaps an Intamin themed Swiss Steak restaurant in Oktoberfest would be to your liking?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Joshua said:

Keep in mind that LaRosa's at the park doesn't really represent LaRosa's actual pizzerias. It is way more flavorful and better made outside the park. "Heat lamp" slices never hold up to the "real thing."

I actually know some people who prefer LaRosas in the park over the LaRosas restaurants outside the park.

6 hours ago, Joshua said:

Then having it at Kings Island is bad marketing on their part. I would never go to LaRosa’s restaurant based on how bad the pizza is at Kings Island  

it could be a general Kings Island problem is over all the food there is Really low-quality

• Like 1

13 hours ago, super7 said:

Then having it at Kings Island is bad marketing on their part. I would never go to LaRosa’s restaurant based on how bad the pizza is at Kings Island  

it could be a general Kings Island problem is over all the food there is Really low-quality

Pizza that sits out too long is always bad. I think that’s the core of your experience. I always grab the freshest piece, even if I have to wait, and it’s superb. I stand by what I’ve said in other threads in which they load an irresponsible amount of cheese on the pizza, and that makes a big positive difference. If it sits out for more than 5 minutes it’s like day old reheated frozen pizza. I wish there was a better made to order strategy they could employ... or at least start pulling pieces that are turning brown. 

• Like 2

This is a wild card, but what I want most for 2020 (besides Orion of course) is a small front gate renovation. I think the current gate looks well maintained, but it looks so outdated at least in my opinion. I have been thinking about when the ideal time would be to refresh the front gate, and I think it would be 2020 when the park‘a signature new attraction opens up and new people are walking through the front gate. It just wouldn’t make as much sense to open up a refreshed front gate during an off year when less new people are coming through the gate. I have heard from some people (and this is nowhere near proven) that last year was phase one of an entrance overhaul with the International Street renovation and that next year would be phase two with a front gate renovation. Also, adding to this are these plans that cicncybroscoasters365 posted on Instagram claiming that they were with the International Street renovation plans. I really don’t know any more on this, but if anyone else has talked to the park or knows where to find these “plans” that would be appreciated! All in all, I don’t know if anything is in the works, but I would personally love a renovated front gate come 2020!

41 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Besides restrooms in this area, what do you think will be put here? Larger plaza maybe? 

My bet is on some new restaurant or food stand. On the recent Notice of Commencement, there were some food companies listed. It would also make sense to put a new restaurant in Area 72 considering they are removing the current food stand that was in X-Base.

• Like 4