2020 Additions and Improvements

FUN&ONLY!

5 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

On the other hand, I will own the role of the enthusiast who is excited to have Orion join our line-up.  Kings Island has not disappointed me with their improvement decisions, even if I don't partake in them (waterpark and Planet Snoopy).  I truly think the best is yet to come, based on what I have seen from 2017 on.  

I second this. I think the Giga looks fantastic and is going to be a great ride. That turnaround looks crazy, the second hill looks crazy, the 85° drop will feel amazing. I think it is far from a lackluster out and back layout. Yeah sure it is short but I doubt that is going to matter. I think it will make you wanting more and get you to ride over and over again. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I definitely am not complaining about this. In fact, I get pretty upset when people complain about Orion just because of how there are parks out there who would die for something like this. Not everything has to smash records. 

I know you do. Unfortunately it will never stop but not all coasters have to be big like fury either. This coaster can pack a punch and have grey out moments with the current layout. We have already noticed that the transitions on the coaster are different than the video rendering so it will be interesting how intense the ride will be. 

• Like 1

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 I completely agree. I also think that people should be thankful for what we have instad of what we don't. So what if we don't have the worlds (INSERT RECORD)? Look at what we already have!!! We have Racers, The Beast, Diamondback, Banshee, Mystic Timbers, and Orion. Kings Island has an incredible line up of not just roller coasters, but other rides as well. Again, we should be happy for what we already have.

• Like 3

If anyone has been back by the first or second drop, the track literally lays down on the ground. I think it’s a cool effect. Honestly, without feeling the effects yet of course, I’d almost rather have a 300’ drop to an elevation of 0 rather than a height of 300’ and a drop down to 14’. I think it’s going to be really cool!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

If anyone has been back by the first or second drop, the track literally lays down on the ground. I think it’s a cool effect. Honestly, without feeling the effects yet of course, I’d almost rather have a 300’ drop to an elevation of 0 rather than a height of 300’ and a drop down to 14’. I think it’s going to be really cool!

Agreed. Running that close to the ground has a bit of a kick to it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

You get the same press as Fury, for half the cost and half the coaster. 

I just got done watching a POV of Fury 325 and let me tell you the 2nd half of the ride seemed very very slow. While it could be different in person (I won't ride it until this upcoming season) Im for one glad Orion won't have that issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I just got done watching a POV of Fury 325 and let me tell you the 2nd half of the ride seemed very very slow. While it could be different in person (I won't ride it until this upcoming season) Im for one glad Orion won't have that issue. 

I’ve ridden Fury this spring and everything after the dive into the tunnel feels very bland. Everything else before that is absolutely perfect though.

Imagine Fury without the final helix. How much length do you lose? How much would that improve/ ruin, the coaster? I feel like we could have easily could have added some length to the end but it might have compromised the pacing of the ride. I've heard from riders on Fury that the helix is kind of pointless aside from the near-miss element with one of the supports.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Imagine Fury without the final helix. How much length do you lose? How much would that improve/ ruin, the coaster? I feel like we could have easily could have added some length to the end but it might have compromised the pacing of the ride. I've heard from riders on Fury that the helix is kind of pointless aside from the near-miss element with one of the supports.

The helix is just for length, I really feel like it messes up the pacing of the ride, and while Fury would've been shorter, I think it would've been a much more superior ride without it. I actually enjoyed Copperhead Strike far more than Fury this past year.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, SnakePlissken said:

My moneys on a 2021 Soak City addition. Probably a rename to something with Harbor or Shore  in the name. The park could get rid of the 2nd wave pool and add a water coaster. Boo Blasters needs a retheme bad too.

I would LOVE a water coaster. The water coaster inside Great Wolf Lodge is very fun and that's where I spend my time when my family goes :lol: It would be a HUGE hit in Soak City with older kids and their parents and its a more thrilling ride that Soak City is lacking imo. And the few thrill rides we do have in Soak City always have HUGGEE waits. Just my two cents but I am all for it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoasterWorks9 said:

I would LOVE a water coaster. The water coaster inside Great Wolf Lodge is very fun and that's where I spend my time when my family goes :lol: It would be a HUGE hit in Soak City with older kids and their parents and its a more thrilling ride that Soak City is lacking imo. And the few thrill rides we do have in Soak City always have HUGGEE waits. Just my two cents but I am all for it!

I could see a Soak City expansion next year. It was a couple years since the last expansion which I believe was in 2016. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I went to Hugo's twice and it was terrible. That was back in early June. Has it changed? Backbeat was always good.

We went in late May and early July.  We enjoyed it.  It was much better in July.  Not as long of lines of people waiting on food to be cooked.  We really enjoyed the stromboli.  

One other small thing we really enjoyed at CP was the option on the dining plan of having a cup of fruit instead of fries all the time.  And, yes, Backbeat is amazing all the time!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, super7 said:

Then having it at Kings Island is bad marketing on their part. I would never go to LaRosa’s restaurant based on how bad the pizza is at Kings Island  

it could be a general Kings Island problem is over all the food there is Really low-quality

This is the reason I didn't try real larosa's for a VERY long time. Once I went to a proper restaurant, I really enjoyed it. Idk why they allow their name to be tarnished at Kings Island.