2020 Additions and Improvements

FUN&ONLY!

On 1/11/2020 at 11:57 PM, calakapepe said:

This is the reason I didn't try real larosa's for a VERY long time. Once I went to a proper restaurant, I really enjoyed it. Idk why they allow their name to be tarnished at Kings Island.

That’s interesting...next time I am in the Cincinnati area I might have to stop by a Larosa’s and see what they are actually like...I have always assumed that Kings Island was a good representation of their pizza...which has never impressed me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, standbyme said:

That’s interesting...next time I am in the Cincinnati area I might have to stop by a Larosa’s and see what they are actually like...I have always assumed that Kings Island was a good representation of their pizza...which has never impressed me.

The pizza at the park is basically "heat lamp pizza" and is cooked differently. At the actual restaurant, the pizza is sweeter and fresher. 

• Like 3

Regardless, I think Kings Island's LaRosas pizza tastes pretty fantastic. It's better than gas station pizza by a long shot but its definitely not creme de la creme (very few pizza places are like that tbh). Kings Island has above average park food compared to other parks I have been to.

• Like 4

It's all relative. Pizza tastes better at the park when you're starving. Beer tastes better on a hot day at the ball park (which is why you'll pay $10 for one), etc. Personally, La Rosa's doesn't really do it for me that much anymore in the park or from a store (the novelty of super-sweet sauce wore off for me years ago). But for many, LaRosa's is just as much as part of the park as blue ice cream etc. and no lack of quality will change their preference.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

In terms of cheap pizza our house hold loves the extra thin and deep deep dish from little Caesars. Generally if we do pizza though And if we have time we try and go to craft pizza places like Pies and Pints. 

I do enjoy pies and pints. being in Columbus I enjoy some small family owned places no one would know about on here lol

• Like 2

I've never had pies and pints before, but I know this one guy at church who is an architect who works across from the big building in Kenwood that has a pies and pints in it and he told me that their chicken wings are really good.

Anyways, tbh I feel like we should make a thread on this food topic since this is kinda getting a little off topic here. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Lets please get back on topic of 2020 Additions and Improvements.

I wonder if we will see any more restroom renovatioons like we have seen the last few years?

I hope so. I would also like to see some more shaded seating (kinda like in Action Zone).

Also, I wonder what they are going to do with the area next to the chaos building since we know that that hill was flattened for something.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

What about lights permanently strung along Coney Mall, like the Gemini midway?  I've always thought that would add ambiance.  The temporary stuff they do is cool.  I'd like to see it all the way down the mall. 

I'd rather have Ginkgo trees strung along Coney Mall.  

• Thanks 1

I went through the various names and looked at what each company does. The ones that are interesting are the following:

Ride Entertainment Systems- sales and installation of rides. Recently installed two coasters at Nickelodeon Universal. They work a lot with Gerstlauer but do all types of attractions as well. http://www.rideentertainment.com/news/

Daniels Wood Land- They create all kinds of interactive play areas and specialize in heavy themeing. They did the themeing for Mystic Timbers. They would likely be involved with whatever themeing comes to Area 72 and Orion. https://danielswoodland.com/

Greater Coasters International- Possibly listed for additional retrack work on Racer but were not listed on last years notice when the turnaround was worked on.

Aqua men Waterslide Restorations- Resurface and restore various water slides. They have worked with CF before. http://www.aquamen.net/

PSS Contractors LLC- Commercial pool installation and refurbishment. They do large commercial pools and splash features. https://www.psscontractors.com/

Ride entertainment installed Xtreme Skyflyer. My guess would be a new harness shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I know I have mentioned this many times already, but this is interesting. The same guy/business who was responsible for the International Street Redesign has a lot of front gate redesign pictures on his website as well including his front page. I may just be too hopeful, but do you think it is possible Kings Island will update the front gate facade any time soon? I think it would look great with the newly renovated International Street and really flow well with the international theme!

http://matthunterross.com/kings-island

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I know I have mentioned this many times already, but this is interesting. The same guy/business who was responsible for the International Street Redesign has a lot of front gate redesign pictures on his website as well including his front page. I may just be too hopeful, but do you think it is possible Kings Island will update the front gate facade any time soon? I think it would look great with the newly renovated International Street and really flow well with the international theme!

http://matthunterross.com/kings-island

That was not one of the business involved in the 2019 renovation to my knowledge. I believe the front gate concept has floated around for a while. I seem to recall seeing someone post it on here in maybe 2015?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

That was not one of the business involved in the 2019 renovation to my knowledge. I believe the front gate concept has floated around for a while. I seem to recall seeing someone post it on here in maybe 2015?

That is interesting. They have worked with Cedar Fair before (apparently) and have concept images of the International Street Redesign on their website, but you are probably right. I think this is the company responsible for at least designing the new International Street, and they have also done many other project for Kings Island and other Cedar Fair parks including the Action Zone plaza, Kings Mills Antique Autos, and Cedar Point’s front gate. I am not positive on this either, however, and you probably know more.

http://www.placeworkshop.com/projects/

I'd really like to see parades on the holidays. Sure marching bands come every once in a while, but a scheduled parade route with marching bands from various high schools (and colleges especially, go cats) would be a fantastic experience for everyone involved.

A pretty easy parade route would start from juke box and work to the front gate via dodgems. If you were able to walk up the hill, you could extend it to beast. There's a large open paved area back there.

Beauty of it is that you'd only have to give free admission plus a small transportation fee to the schools, so it's a win win for almost everyone.

On another note, I'd like to see timberwolf get used more than once a year for spirit song. It takes up such a large space that could otherwise be used for expansion potential, and the venue itself could be quite good if you just pump a few million into renovations. Free or $5-10 concerts with admission could be a real draw for many. (Not to mention the concessions revenue that timberwolf has, it makes a killing from spirit song)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Have the tarps over Racer's 2nd largest hills been there for a while or did they just put those up?   I'm guessing they're re-tracking that section?

Just got put up. I mentioned it in the Orion Construction thread, but this is probably a better place to discuss it.

13 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

@IceePirate What renovations do you believe are needed to Timberwolf for a few million?  What bands do you suggest KI book at Timberwolf that will play for free or  the $5-10 ticket price and will also have a large draw.   

Concessions is there, but it's kinda bad, so most of the money would be spent there as well as general quality of life improvements. Also, the band wouldn't necessarily be getting just the upcharge, but also maybe a bit extra from KI for drawing additional guests to the park. No idea what bands though, it's just a thought.