2020 Additions and Improvements

FUN&ONLY!

15 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

We cannot spread P.VS.Z. rides all around Cedar Fair, Go tell the 2 mascot who is waiting for their own dark ride (Spyro/Crash)

Plants V. Zombies would actually fit quite well in the old Days of Thunder building.  It was a blast a Carowinds and I'd love to have it at KI!

• Like 1

20200201_094229.png

Didn't know where else to post this, but if you look at the track leading into the station, the red looks much brighter than the rest of the track... are they repainting Diamondback? I sure hope so! It needs it, and it would look great with Orion! 

Sorry if this has been discussed before. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CedarIslander said:

20200201_094229.png

Didn't know where else to post this, but if you look at the track leading into the station, the red looks much brighter than the rest of the track... are they repainting Diamondback? I sure hope so! It needs it, and it would look great with Orion! 

Oh dear god this is the best news if true. Diamondback looks awful with its current paint. Then do racer and we’ve got ourselves a game. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CedarIslander said:

20200201_094229.png

I hope they are repainting it. It has looked terrible the past few years especially near the splashdown!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I hope they are repainting it. It has looked terrible the past few years especially near the splashdown!

Also don’t forget that the area near the splashdown has been painted before - independent of the rest of the track. I’m not sure if Baynum did it or they were able to it in house. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Also don’t forget that the area near the splashdown has been painted before - independent of the rest of the track. I’m not sure if Baynum did it or they were able to it in house. 

That is interesting. Whether the park does it or not, the splashdown area looks really bad in terms of its paint job and needs a touch up. The whole coaster needs a touch-up in my opinion. Here is an older picture of Diamondback compared to a more recent one.

roadtrip-diamondback.jpg

FED2E7F4-59AB-471C-AC51-0BB3629C81DE.jpeg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Who thought it was a good idea to use yellow anyways. That fades real fast. I didn't even know the supports were supposed to be yellow. Thought it was always that light tan/cream color.

Only the lift supports are yellow. The rest of them are tan. Honestly, I’m in favor of painting the lift supports tan and repainting the track red. The remaining tan supports actually look fine imo, so why not save a little money?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 139Signal27 said:

Only the lift supports are yellow. The rest of them are tan. Honestly, I’m in favor of painting the lift supports tan and repainting the track red. The remaining tan supports actually look fine imo, so why not save a little money?

I know this would cost more but I love the contrast of the red and the yellow. Wish all supports were yellow. :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Saw this on the Carowinds app today. Can Kings Island please implement this. 

CB22EB39-736E-4A75-8DCA-01B53585AC86.jpeg

Love love love using mobile order at Disney!!  Hopefully if KI does ever implement it, they will allow it to be used with the dining plan.

• Like 2

The interesting thing about Ride Entertainment on the notice of commencement is it could be one of any number of options because they work with so many companies. 

http://www.rideentertainment.com/sales/home/

Please note that the height requirements and people per hour numbers are taken from their site.  There are more options than what I have listed but some of these may be park fits.

Some possibilities:

Manufacturer: Gerstlauer:

Eurofighter coaster model (i.e. Mystery Mine at Dollywood): 48 inch height requirement, 800-850 people per hour capacity (depending on type).

Infinity coaster model (i.e. Hangtime at Knott's Berry Farm): 48 inch height requirement, According to the Ride site, Hangtime at Knott's has a capacity of 1,000 people per hour. 

Skyroller (i.e. Skyhawk at Canada's Wonderland): 48 inch height requirement; gives a thrilling flat ride for the park; relatively small footprint; could easily fit in Area 72; 480 people per hour capacity

Giant Wheel: gives the park a Ferris Wheel; given the fact that the area already has one giant ferris wheel in Cincinnati and another one coming to Newport it is probably doubtful.

Manufacturer: Lagotronics: (Various interactive dark rides)

Manufacturer: Funtime:

Booster/Booster Unhinged: Thrilling flat; 600 people per hour capacity

Manufacturer: V & P Rides:

E-motionboard: Potential Flying Theater (think Soarin' at Epcot); Possible use of the Old Crypt building;  could be used all season long (including Winterfest); 800 people per hour capacity

Manufacturer: Metallbau Emmeln:

Pony Trek (i.e. Black Bear Trail at Dollywood; Moose on the Loose at Darien Lake): Potential kids/family ride.  One would assume that it would go to Planet Snoopy.  Capacity numbers weren't available but I can't imagine it is high based upon my observations and experiences watching it at Dollywood.

Manufacturer: KCL Engineering:

Potential Lighting Package for Orion: This is the same company that did the lighting package for Hangtime at Knott's Berry Farm so it is a possibility.

Manufacturer: Skyline Attractions:

Skywarp (Various Models): Thrilling flat; small footprint; 800-1,110 people per hour capacity.

Manufacturer: Skytrans:

Skyride: Potential 2,000 people per hour capacity

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 5:59 PM, 139Signal27 said:

Honestly, I’m in favor of painting the lift supports tan and repainting the track red. The remaining tan supports actually look fine imo, so why not save a little money?

I agree, it would make it more consistent.

On 2/8/2020 at 8:57 PM, Klabergian Empire said:

If I remember correctly, they said the painted the lift supports on Diamondback yellow to draw more attention to it.

I think that since we have Orion now, I don't think there's as much attention on DB so I'd be fine if they painted it

• Like 3

On 1/24/2020 at 4:47 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

It looks like the Grand Carousel horses are getting some love this off season.

Do you think we will see some new light bulbs,  on the Grand Carousel also?   It would look really nice since some of them are burnt out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imperial79 said:

Do you think we will see some new light bulbs,  on the Grand Carousel also?   It would look really nice since some of them are burnt out.  

A season or two ago, they did have LED bulbs instead of the incandescent bulbs on the Carousel. Sadly though, not all of them were lit just like the one on now.