2020 Additions and Improvements

FUN&ONLY!

3 hours ago, bengalsguy23 said:

Kings Dominion is getting its Drop Tower repainted and parts of Flight of Fear retracked. I would like to see both of these at Kings Island as well.

I wonder why Kings Dominion Flight of Fear needs retracked and the one at King's Island doesn't? You would think that any ride that is at both parks would see more riders and more wear and tear at King's Island. Ours does not seem so bad.

2 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I wonder why Kings Dominion Flight of Fear needs retracked and the one at King's Island doesn't? You would think that any ride that is at both parks would see more riders and more wear and tear at King's Island. Ours does not seem so bad.

Not necessarily retracked, but I've experience a few rollbacks this year. The Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion has had a rougher time than it's KI counterpart . It was closed basically all of 2006, and it's always been more rough in my opinion. I do agree with that video though. That welding job looks awful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoasterJack said:

Not necessarily retracked, but I've experience a few rollbacks this year. The Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion has had a rougher time than it's KI counterpart . It was closed basically all of 2006, and it's always been more rough in my opinion. I do agree with that video though. That welding job looks awful.

I know it got stuck on the MCBR during Coasterstock 2019 on the 2nd day in the morning right before the Train tour. Some unlucky few missed it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Looks like Kings Island is going to have a summer night party thing on weekends this summer!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/summer-nights?fbclid=IwAR2r0waYKVGixjb4H-RuDw4-fmsD5_YFGUZ2K0tgr9hzGueCadHT-DvdJbk

Yet no midnight closes?  I like the idea, but I just wish it didn't juxtapose the limited hours that we are seeing this year.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I don’t think it was anywhere near that bright last year but I have no proof. If you watch one of the drone videos on YouTube it is by far brighter paint than everything else which makes me think newer 

In this image it may look brighter due to the darker sky/background. I was out yesterday and took pictures for something else at various angles around the park and if you want I can post the ones of Drop Tower here. No possible way it was painted this offseason, and with as often as I at least did a drive by I would think I  (or one of the others doing the same) would have seen it being painted 

• Like 1