2020 Additions and Improvements

FUN&ONLY!

1 hour ago, MrSourNinja said:

I me I guess I could be wrong. I don't recall it being anywhere near that bright, even on the widest variety of days.

The pictures looked to me like some filtering or adjustment or something was done by the camera.  I believe it was a high end camera, so maybe HDR or some other algorithm on the camera made the color punchy with a grey cloudy background?

• Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 5:57 PM, CoasterJack said:

Not necessarily retracked, but I've experience a few rollbacks this year. The Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion has had a rougher time than it's KI counterpart . It was closed basically all of 2006, and it's always been more rough in my opinion. I do agree with that video though. That welding job looks awful.

I believe the reason for the 2006 closure was the ride was going to be relocated to another Paramount Park before Cedar Fair made their acquisition. If memory serves, I think it was going to Carowinds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Beast cars will retain the red, orange, yellow color palate from its 40th anniversary season this year. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KingsIsland?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KingsIsland</a> <a href="https://t.co/SvoJFy2yQ1">pic.twitter.com/SvoJFy2yQ1</a></p>&mdash; Kings Island (@KingsIslandPR) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/1242442198874042372?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You can see the fence they put around Vortex’s plot of land well in this picture!

I can't see the picture. It's just words and if it is a link, It doesn't work.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I can't see the picture. It's just words and if it is a link, It doesn't work.

I will try to fix it. It was just like the picture you posted but from Kings Island Twitter. If you zoom in on the background, you can see part of the fence.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:51 PM, 139Signal27 said:

I doubt Drop Tower has been repainted. Surely someone would have snapped a picture of it being sanded and painted. That’s not something that just happens overnight.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t it just get repainted in 2014?

It was not repainted in 2014, although its opening was delayed like a month as it needed a replacement part.

I don't think Drop Tower has been repainted since 2006... which sounds crazy long, but Baynum Painting's website backs that up (even if it has the wrong Drop Tower pictured - https://baynumpainting.com/projects/2019/10/14/drop-zone)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TombraiderTy said:

It was not repainted in 2014, although its opening was delayed like a month as it needed a replacement part.

I don't think Drop Tower has been repainted since 2006... which sounds crazy long, but Baynum Painting's website backs that up (even if it has the wrong Drop Tower pictured - https://baynumpainting.com/projects/2019/10/14/drop-zone)

Strange they would repaint it 7 years after it opened. Seems kind of quick.

2 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I haven’t ever payed much attention to the ride as I’m more into the coasters but wouldn’t they paint top to bottom? So the cream is what is getting replaced with the brown?

The ride has been brown, and the cream is new. The question is whether it’s a primer or the final coat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 139Signal27 said:

The ride has been brown, and the cream is new. The question is whether it’s a primer or the final coat.

darn that kinda sucks. I like the brown better. But I would assume it's final otherwise they wouldn't have taken the picture yet right?

3 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

darn that kinda sucks. I like the brown better. But I would assume it's final otherwise they wouldn't have taken the picture yet right?

The ship is still brown in that photo. I’m guessing the paint job will be similar to Ocean Motion with the brown ship and white supports.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Since the glockenspiel is back and Viking Fury 325 is getting repainted I can only hope that they keep making these smaller improvements to Oktoberfest. They can do more to that area and I think they will. The park's 50th is coming up so I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see it improved for the 2022 season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Since the glockenspiel is back and Viking Fury 325 is getting repainted I can only hope that they keep making these smaller improvements to Oktoberfest. They can do more to that area and I think they will. The park's 50th is coming up so I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see it improved for the 2022 season.

I'm personally hoping the banners, flags and signage will return reminiscent of the original theme in the area.  That's what used to make that area fun - it felt festive walking through it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1