2020 Additions and Improvements

FUN&ONLY!

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If anyone here knows, whatever happened to that spinning barrels ride Cedar Fair purchased in Europe? Because I think the park could install that, bringing back the Der Spinning Keggers.

That would be awesome!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I'm personally hoping the banners, flags and signage will return reminiscent of the original theme in the area.  That's what used to make that area fun - it felt festive walking through it.

Wasn't there polka music in the area as well in addition to all of the things you mentioned?  I feel like there was and all of it really made it feel like you were in a festival somewhere else.  It was a nice feeling of "escape" either way.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I'm personally hoping the banners, flags and signage will return reminiscent of the original theme in the area.  That's what used to make that area fun - it felt festive walking through it.

If we're talking flags I'd opt for the traditional Bavarian diamonds which typically feature the colors of light blue and white which have become synonymous with Oktoberfest.

bavarian-blue-and-white-diamond-flag-pattern-comforters.jpg

SingleCalendarCan_Franz_001a-768x1300.pngdepositphotos_116890218-stock-illustration-vector-background-bavarian-seamless-pattern.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit of a bump but one of the more Interesting names on the list was of course Ride Entertainment. While whatever plans for new attractions they had is most likely out the window the reason Ride entertainment was on the notice of commencement likely was due to this 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

It was posted on KISP that the giant barrel of Radium XL 200 in Area 72 is actually a repurposed pedestal from the Royal Fountain.  Anybody else here hear about that?

I heard of that too! All of those big barrels in Area 72 (I think there are four) are supposedly repurposed old fountain pedestals.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, KIguy2004 said:

I am still trying to get a physical map. But because their offices are closed I can't get one

I specifically ASKED on opening day (two different gate workers) how I could get a paper map and they said "It's only online and the app this year.  No paper maps."

• 2 months later...