Jump to content
FUN&ONLY!

2020 Additions and Improvements

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

On the other hand, I will own the role of the enthusiast who is excited to have Orion join our line-up.  Kings Island has not disappointed me with their improvement decisions, even if I don't partake in them (waterpark and Planet Snoopy).  I truly think the best is yet to come, based on what I have seen from 2017 on.  

I second this. I think the Giga looks fantastic and is going to be a great ride. That turnaround looks crazy, the second hill looks crazy, the 85° drop will feel amazing. I think it is far from a lackluster out and back layout. Yeah sure it is short but I doubt that is going to matter. I think it will make you wanting more and get you to ride over and over again. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, super7 said:

 the abrupt brake run in the sky.  

You get the same press as Fury, for half the cost and half the coaster. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely am not complaining about this. In fact, I get pretty upset when people complain about Orion just because of how there are parks out there who would die for something like this. Not everything has to smash records. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I definitely am not complaining about this. In fact, I get pretty upset when people complain about Orion just because of how there are parks out there who would die for something like this. Not everything has to smash records. 

I know you do. Unfortunately it will never stop but not all coasters have to be big like fury either. This coaster can pack a punch and have grey out moments with the current layout. We have already noticed that the transitions on the coaster are different than the video rendering so it will be interesting how intense the ride will be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 I completely agree. I also think that people should be thankful for what we have instad of what we don't. So what if we don't have the worlds (INSERT RECORD)? Look at what we already have!!! We have Racers, The Beast, Diamondback, Banshee, Mystic Timbers, and Orion. Kings Island has an incredible line up of not just roller coasters, but other rides as well. Again, we should be happy for what we already have.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has been back by the first or second drop, the track literally lays down on the ground. I think it’s a cool effect. Honestly, without feeling the effects yet of course, I’d almost rather have a 300’ drop to an elevation of 0 rather than a height of 300’ and a drop down to 14’. I think it’s going to be really cool!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

If anyone has been back by the first or second drop, the track literally lays down on the ground. I think it’s a cool effect. Honestly, without feeling the effects yet of course, I’d almost rather have a 300’ drop to an elevation of 0 rather than a height of 300’ and a drop down to 14’. I think it’s going to be really cool!

Agreed. Running that close to the ground has a bit of a kick to it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

You get the same press as Fury, for half the cost and half the coaster. 
 

I just got done watching a POV of Fury 325 and let me tell you the 2nd half of the ride seemed very very slow. While it could be different in person (I won't ride it until this upcoming season) Im for one glad Orion won't have that issue. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

And the best part is No Mayflies!

 

You mean you don't love riding  Rougarou front row after the sun goes down in May or June?:wacko:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Agreed. Running that close to the ground has a bit of a kick to it. 

I think the turns are called the wings. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

You mean you don't love riding  Rougarou front row after the sun goes down in May or June?:wacko:

Yeah, my son and I rode Dragster front seat at about 8pm at the end of last May....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I just got done watching a POV of Fury 325 and let me tell you the 2nd half of the ride seemed very very slow. While it could be different in person (I won't ride it until this upcoming season) Im for one glad Orion won't have that issue. 

I’ve ridden Fury this spring and everything after the dive into the tunnel feels very bland. Everything else before that is absolutely perfect though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fishely said:

I’ve ridden Fury this spring and everything after the dive into the tunnel feels very bland. Everything else before that is absolutely perfect though.

That really depends on your row. In the middle Fury is a very meh ride. Front and back and I agree it's a top 5 coaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine Fury without the final helix. How much length do you lose? How much would that improve/ ruin, the coaster? I feel like we could have easily could have added some length to the end but it might have compromised the pacing of the ride. I've heard from riders on Fury that the helix is kind of pointless aside from the near-miss element with one of the supports.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Imagine Fury without the final helix. How much length do you lose? How much would that improve/ ruin, the coaster? I feel like we could have easily could have added some length to the end but it might have compromised the pacing of the ride. I've heard from riders on Fury that the helix is kind of pointless aside from the near-miss element with one of the supports.

The helix is just for length, I really feel like it messes up the pacing of the ride, and while Fury would've been shorter, I think it would've been a much more superior ride without it. I actually enjoyed Copperhead Strike far more than Fury this past year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, SnakePlissken said:

My moneys on a 2021 Soak City addition. Probably a rename to something with Harbor or Shore  in the name. The park could get rid of the 2nd wave pool and add a water coaster. Boo Blasters needs a retheme bad too.

I would LOVE a water coaster. The water coaster inside Great Wolf Lodge is very fun and that's where I spend my time when my family goes :lol: It would be a HUGE hit in Soak City with older kids and their parents and its a more thrilling ride that Soak City is lacking imo. And the few thrill rides we do have in Soak City always have HUGGEE waits. Just my two cents but I am all for it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see an eatery similar to Hugo's at Cedar Point.  The Italian food option (other than just pizza) adds some nice variety.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoasterWorks9 said:

I would LOVE a water coaster. The water coaster inside Great Wolf Lodge is very fun and that's where I spend my time when my family goes :lol: It would be a HUGE hit in Soak City with older kids and their parents and its a more thrilling ride that Soak City is lacking imo. And the few thrill rides we do have in Soak City always have HUGGEE waits. Just my two cents but I am all for it!

I could see a Soak City expansion next year. It was a couple years since the last expansion which I believe was in 2016. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

I would love to see an eatery similar to Hugo's at Cedar Point.  The Italian food option (other than just pizza) adds some nice variety.

I went to Hugo's twice and it was terrible. That was back in early June. Has it changed? Backbeat was always good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I went to Hugo's twice and it was terrible. That was back in early June. Has it changed? Backbeat was always good.

We went in late May and early July.  We enjoyed it.  It was much better in July.  Not as long of lines of people waiting on food to be cooked.  We really enjoyed the stromboli.  

One other small thing we really enjoyed at CP was the option on the dining plan of having a cup of fruit instead of fries all the time.  And, yes, Backbeat is amazing all the time!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Cedar Point's calendar have's been revealed.

Same with Dorney and Carowinds if the posts from some pages are accurate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, super7 said:

Then having it at Kings Island is bad marketing on their part. I would never go to LaRosa’s restaurant based on how bad the pizza is at Kings Island  

it could be a general Kings Island problem is over all the food there is Really low-quality

 

 

This is the reason I didn't try real larosa's for a VERY long time. Once I went to a proper restaurant, I really enjoyed it. Idk why they allow their name to be tarnished at Kings Island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...