FUN&ONLY!

2020 Additions and Improvements

If anyone here knows, whatever happened to that spinning barrels ride Cedar Fair purchased in Europe? Because I think the park could install that, bringing back the Der Spinning Keggers.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If anyone here knows, whatever happened to that spinning barrels ride Cedar Fair purchased in Europe? Because I think the park could install that, bringing back the Der Spinning Keggers.

That would be awesome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Praise The Lord GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I'm personally hoping the banners, flags and signage will return reminiscent of the original theme in the area.  That's what used to make that area fun - it felt festive walking through it.

Wasn't there polka music in the area as well in addition to all of the things you mentioned?  I feel like there was and all of it really made it feel like you were in a festival somewhere else.  It was a nice feeling of "escape" either way.

• Like 4

^ Yes, I remember that.  As kids, we called it "oompah" music and thought it was stupid, but we secretly loved it and "danced" to it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I'm personally hoping the banners, flags and signage will return reminiscent of the original theme in the area.  That's what used to make that area fun - it felt festive walking through it.

If we're talking flags I'd opt for the traditional Bavarian diamonds which typically feature the colors of light blue and white which have become synonymous with Oktoberfest.

bavarian-blue-and-white-diamond-flag-pattern-comforters.jpg

SingleCalendarCan_Franz_001a-768x1300.pngdepositphotos_116890218-stock-illustration-vector-background-bavarian-seamless-pattern.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Praise The Lord GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I never thought I would see a Car Wash meme on this board :P 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

It looks like there might be some added seating to the right of Shake Rattle and Role? 

Yes!

27F41E3B-6691-4133-B239-719E59BF0AA7.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Yes!

27F41E3B-6691-4133-B239-719E59BF0AA7.jpeg

I think the bottom portion of your circle is supposed to represent the three point challenge game that is currently there. The top half definitely appears to be new!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

I think the bottom portion of your circle is supposed to represent the three point challenge game that is currently there. The top half definitely appears to be new!

Didn’t mean to circle that lol

No, the seating has been there for a while. You can see the umbrellas in the left hand side of this photo I took. I’m sure someone has a closer photo of the whole seating area.

4A2D90D9-B41C-4540-8579-E4B6D8704BFF.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, is it a giga said:

2020-map-color.thumb.jpg.fefc914bf90352816b42047126f385cc.jpg

full color map got me excited for 2020

Where did you find the map? It isn't on their website

2 minutes ago, KIguy2004 said:

Where did you find the map? It isn't on their website

Someone posted the physical map a month or so ago: djazxuu3uaq41.jpg

17 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Someone posted the physical map a month or so ago: djazxuu3uaq41.jpg

I am still trying to get a physical map. But because their offices are closed I can't get one

Bit of a bump but one of the more Interesting names on the list was of course Ride Entertainment. While whatever plans for new attractions they had is most likely out the window the reason Ride entertainment was on the notice of commencement likely was due to this 

• Like 3

It was posted on KISP that the giant barrel of Radium XL 200 in Area 72 is actually a repurposed pedestal from the Royal Fountain.  Anybody else here hear about that?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

It was posted on KISP that the giant barrel of Radium XL 200 in Area 72 is actually a repurposed pedestal from the Royal Fountain.  Anybody else here hear about that?

I heard of that too! All of those big barrels in Area 72 (I think there are four) are supposedly repurposed old fountain pedestals.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, KIguy2004 said:

I am still trying to get a physical map. But because their offices are closed I can't get one

I specifically ASKED on opening day (two different gate workers) how I could get a paper map and they said "It's only online and the app this year.  No paper maps."

11 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I heard of that too! All of those big barrels in Area 72 (I think there are four) are supposedly repurposed old fountain pedestals.

Does anyone have any pics of those barrels in Area 72?

• Like 1