Opening day?

DownInRivertown

7 minutes ago, DownInRivertown said:

For some reason I can find a date of opening day 2020? Also— do good pass riders get a whole day earlier admittance for Orion early ride times or do we just get in an hour early like regular season? TIA!

There hasn't been an announcement yet. Orion ornaments have April Edit - 11th not 20 -on them making that the likely opening day. In the past pass holder preview day has been the Friday before opening day starting at 5. I'm not sure if ert for next year has been announced or not but Orion is likely to be on it at some point.

• Like 3

If I remember correctly, Mystic Timbers went as following:

Thursday: Media Day (morning) and first riders auction (evening)

Friday: Season Pass Preview night

Saturday: Opening Day

I'm expecting something similar with Orion. Since April 11th is a Saturday, I'm guessing that's opening day. With Pass Preview being the 10th and Media Day/first riders auction being the 9th. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

The 11th is likely going to be media day. I think the only people who got Orion ornaments in the mail were considered members of the press. Park will probably open on the 3rd weekend of the month with a 5 hour passholder preview on a Friday. 

There were ornaments that went out in the mail? 

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

The 11th is likely going to be media day. I think the only people who got Orion ornaments in the mail were considered members of the press. Park will probably open on the 3rd weekend of the month with a 5 hour passholder preview on a Friday. 

The ornaments can (could?) be bought at Emporium. That’s where I got mine. I never heard of them being sent exclusively by mail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I doubt they would do media day on a Saturday...the whole intent of media day is to do it a day before the park opens to build up hype to drive attendance the next few days...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waltny said:

There were ornaments that went out in the mail? 

3 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

The ornaments can (could?) be bought at Emporium. That’s where I got mine. I never heard of them being sent exclusively by mail.

I'm mistaken then. I saw a picture somewhere on here or facebook of someone unboxing one of the Orion Ornaments with the 11th on it. I did not know you could buy them at Kings Island or have them shipped? I'm pretty sure Steel Vengeance previews were a full week ahead of opening day. But I wasn't there for that either. That ride is what pulled me back in after darn near 15 years of not going.

• Like 1

So, I WILL be at Opening Day this season, but it's just a matter of what time. As of right now, I don't think I'll be making breakfast at Frisch's (unless some people can make it as early as 7:30 instead of 8/8:30). As for getting to the park, I estimate I'll get there around 11 (as I'll be coming from Men's Group at the church) and I'm planning on doing either The Bat or Orion as my first ride of the season (probably the latter, as it has the power to draw me towards it lol). Looking forward to it!

An elf that walked around before Tinkers last night kept saying that we have 363 (now 362) days until Christmas; how many days until Opening Day (assuming it's April 11th)?

49 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Looking at the calendar, if Saturday, April 11 is indeed opening day, Friday April 10 is Good Friday...

Anyone remember the last Passholder Preview night on a Good Friday that had a new coaster opening?  Ugh...

Of course, I'll be there :) 

That would be when Banshee opened..and it was all day on Good Friday...and then Saturday was a ghost town..