CP questions

Not sure if this is the best spot to ask these or not, but what the heck:

We are planning to go up to the Pointe next summer as part of a family get together.

My family of 5 would likely need 2 rooms in Breakers, or 1 6 person cabin at Lighthouse point.  Any advice on which to choose.

I haven't looked at this yet, but I assume upgrading our gold passes to platinum would be advantageous as some point.

• Like 1

Upgrading to Platinum would be worth it if you are planning on going into the park/shores for 2 or more days.  Also depending on when you go there are discounted rooms for platinum pass holders at the Breakers (mostly early-season).

We stay at the Breakers at least 10 nights a year and LOVE IT.  The staff is top notch and there is plenty to do in the hotel (Tomo's is amazing) as well as the indoor pool and arcade for when the weather ends up being 'not so nice'.  It's also easier to the gates.  There are suite rooms that can handle 6 people at the breakers.

Never stayed at lighthouse point.  Heard good things about it, just prefer the ambiance of the Breakers.

One thing about the Breakers, there is no coffee makers in the room, so if you're a coffee drinker take your own (we have a single-serve kurig we take each time we go, along with a bottle of Baileys :)).

Any other questions, just ask and have a great time!

• Like 1

At least some of the units at LHP have kitchenettes and charcoal grills which expand your dinning choices.   (Personally I would also bring my camp stove and make a huge breakfast for the day)

If you are staying on property the Platinum doesn’t get you in any earlier but with more than 2 days there you might as well get it.  Should be a tad cheaper than a gold at each park.  

If budget is a concern I would go with the less expensive option and put the savings towards FLP+ for at least a day.  CP sold a ton of Gold passes this fall so expect higher attendance numbers next season.  

On 12/30/2019 at 1:49 PM, King Ding Dong said:

At least some of the units at LHP have kitchenettes and charcoal grills which expand your dinning choices.   (Personally I would also bring my camp stove and make a huge breakfast for the day)

If you are staying on property the Platinum doesn’t get you in any earlier but with more than 2 days there you might as well get it.  Should be a tad cheaper than a gold at each park.  

If budget is a concern I would go with the less expensive option and put the savings towards FLP+ for at least a day.  CP sold a ton of Gold passes this fall so expect higher attendance numbers next season.  

Doesn't Platinum get you in earlier to Shores though? That isn't part of a hotel stay that I've read.

19 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Doesn't Platinum get you in earlier to Shores though? That isn't part of a hotel stay that I've read.

That needs further clarification as you are correct and the website does only list early entry into CP and not the 1/2 at CPS.  I have a hard time believing CPS early entry is not part of a hotel stay, but I have never stayed at a CF hotel.  Good catch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...