Carowinds Winterfest trip

MaestroJr

Hi all hope your doing well, I’m down in Charlotte to see Kentucky play in the Belk bowl and took a quick pit stop to Carowinds. Arrived at about 630 and got to do plenty. First off rode Boo Blasters, I think it’s superior to ours, plus the guns still make sound effects, decent as usual then I headed over to Afterburn.7829F258-A72B-4741-9512-CA7DC1ACE1F4.jpegB58ABC58-BB59-44D8-AB57-5874CE5B70B4.jpegAbout what I figured it would be. It felt similar to Banshee but not as intense. Very disorienting coaster though, fun ride! I also got another ride on Boo Blasters and noticed that they have removed Boocifer from the organ playing scene. Not really sure why. We then headed over to Ricochet, a long line but a fun little coaster. Finally, I headed to see if the line for Copperhead strike was shorter, being that it was 1 hour before I was surprised to see it be only 15 minutes! The park was almost closed and this point so I was very lucky to board one of the final trains and man was it crazy! Straight out of the station it begins, going upside down and then into a scene similar to Mystic Timbers. Then, launching into a loop and feeling like your gonna fall outta your seat is a crazy feeling. Copperhead strike might just be my new favorite coaster, it really had it all! Overall solid night of coasters at Carowinds! DD7C10B9-13DA-464F-A0B2-8389418B6DB0.jpegE61A6024-9E6E-4580-A1DB-A063B6CFF2E3.jpeg309F77C2-7E07-48E4-8131-111D84B0DF08.jpeg7D610035-EAF3-4E68-9188-A0D5BDDD5F67.jpeg044C79A0-246A-490C-9CF3-BCD5A6562E5A.jpeg4D7C7071-6EB7-4249-8BAE-E8B28D72B508.jpegAF411715-3F12-48A6-95EE-8F0748A20675.jpeg

• Like 4

Good stuff! It's pretty cool that they dressed their Boo Blasters building up for Winterfest! Also, were you able to catch that parade? And it's really cool you got to ride Afterburn in December. I rode it in 2001 (as Top Gun: The Jet Coaster) and I remember it being really fun!

• Like 2

Ricochet is an amazing ride. When we were at Carowinds I think my kids rode it 15-20 times. They absolutely loved it.

Copperhead is in my top 5 favorite coasters. I rode it 10 times while there. A lot of my rides were on a night after a major Thunderstorm moved through, and I did not have to get off.

Afterburner was fun, but it not as fun or intense as Banshee.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Good stuff! It's pretty cool that they dressed their Boo Blasters building up for Winterfest! Also, were you able to catch that parade? And it's really cool you got to ride Afterburn in December. I rode it in 2001 (as Top Gun: The Jet Coaster) and I remember it being really fun!

Yes I did get to see the parade, very well done. 

15 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Thanks for the PTR, it looks like you had a great time! I am surprised you said Banshee is more intense. I find Afterburn to be a little more intense. 

I rode near the back of Afterburn,I think it’s more disorienting than Banshee but I feel more intense weightlessness on Banshee. 

• Like 2