Wood Coaster Train Rehab Underway

IndyGuy4KI

Which coasterm is that above? I cant really tell....

I did not know it took the entire off season to do winter maintanance on the wood coaster trains. Thats cool that the park puts real dedication into making sure all is safe for the rides. 

ALSO, I had no idea PTC was still in buisness!!! For some reason I thought it was closed...

One more thing. Whats up with the orange lap bars? Why do they not use the old full seat lap bars any longer?

• Like 1

Which coasterm is that above? I cant really tell....
I did not know it took the entire off season to do winter maintanance on the wood coaster trains. Thats cool that the park puts real dedication into making sure all is safe for the rides. 
ALSO, I had no idea PTC was still in buisness!!! For some reason I thought it was closed...
One more thing. Whats up with the orange lap bars? Why do they not use the old full seat lap bars any longer?
That's one of The Beast trains.

I wish they could go back to the old lap bars. The orange ones suck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The one thing I was wondering after reading that blog post is there is no mention of the Mystic Timbers trains.  I wonder how those factor into the train rehab schedule.  I know that for Winterfest, Mystic is only running with two trains, as they presumably are starting to do the rehab on one of the trains.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2020 at 10:17 AM, CoastersRZ said:

The one thing I was wondering after reading that blog post is there is no mention of the Mystic Timbers trains.  I wonder how those factor into the train rehab schedule.  I know that for Winterfest, Mystic is only running with two trains, as they presumably are starting to do the rehab on one of the trains.

They probably also don’t require near as much maintenance considering how much newer the trains and their design are. I’m honestly impressed Mystic runs that late into the year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

They probably also don’t require near as much maintenance considering how much newer the trains and their design are. I’m honestly impressed Mystic runs that late into the year. 

I have been told that the maintenance of Mystic is much much easier than the PTCs. Mainly that they have bolts instead of welds. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrSourNinja said:

Right but much simpler and more effective construction I’m sure. @BoddaH1994 had some nice info as well with bolts vs welds. 

I’m not an engineer. I was just told that having them bolted together is superior to welded. It’s how all these next gen trains are made. Probably because you can tighten a bolt but re-welding is an issue. Maybe someone else has more insight on that. 

• Like 3