There’s more:

-The soccer game that’s more or less themed to FCC

As well as past and present events like:

-Reds Day

-UC Athletics Days

-FCC Day

-(Wasn’t there a Bengals day?)

-Cyclones Day

With the need to constantly reinvent themselves, associations with local properties will always come and go, but I don’t see them having less of a presence anytime soon. 

As far as more physical stuff, I couldn’t care less. Even as an avid Reds fan the RHOFG lost novelty quickly. It’s not that I wouldn’t welcome the idea, I’m just not begging for it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Not much to be proud of in Cincinnati professional sports wise. At least not any that the current generation can remember.

I disagree with this.

2010, 2012, and 2013 Reds seasons were exciting. FC Cincinnati won best in the USL for 2018, was admitted to MLS, and generally is still incredibly popular. The Cyclones have won several cups and continue to be successful, etc. 

Even if they're bad on the field/pitch/ice, that's not important (although it can be helpful), many of these institutions are beloved by families, especially kids. When I was 8, a Cyclones player signed my youth hockey jersey. It didn't matter to me what position the 1997 Cyclones were in, who that player was, or that his team played in a minor league. 

I think with the park and sports partnerships it just comes down to what's convenient and mutually beneficial (Reds visit ever year, this Cyclones bobble head thing). That kind of stuff will continue to happen off and on. 

EDIT to say: On the Reds Hall of Fame Grill, that's a perfect example. It holds appeal to both locals and outside visitors just based on its unique content. It was an attraction unto itself. Does the park benefit by having it? Certainly. Are they losing anything by not having it? Doubtful. 

I'd support any and all cross promotion among local teams but I'd say the Reds may be the most universally accepted among the local teams in terms of the KI attendees.

Cincy folks are weird towards OSU--even though KI is well on the way to Cbus. Even without the Bengals recent suckage, I always see Browns, Colts and Squeeler gear at KI as well. The Clones and FCC are great but I wouldn't call them regional presences. 

TLDR: I'd love to see more of this but KI populace =/= Cincy sports fans 

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I have thought about the idea of Kings Island doing what kennywood did with Steel Curtain and partner with one of the Cincy teams. The reds would be my pic. Maybe make a reds themed area and heck since the park would be open in the summer have giant TV's in the new area's plaza playing reds games on it.

The Big Red Machine - a ground-up RMC on The Vortex plot of land....

• Like 2

Its a weird subject for me. When I interned at CP in 2018, I didn't see anything Cleveland related; (though I only went in a few gift shops so I can't say my assessment's accurate. I figured CP was trying to appeal to people from all regions, being a destination park and all, which is why I didn't see anything.  Though I do remember them having a friendly contest with Six Flags Great America during the 2016 World Series between the Cubs and the Indians.

I do see some sports connections at other parks that are pretty subliminal. For example you have Raging Bull at the Illinois Six Flag Park which reminds me the Chicago Bulls, and then you have Fury 325 at Carowinds which has a similar color scheme and mascot to the Charlotte Hornets. 

I honestly think the the lack of success Cincinnati teams have been having has limited the amount of exposure at Kings Island. For example if the Reds, Bengals, or FCC had won their respective championships I'd imagine Kings Island would want to hop on the wagon. 

Personally, I'd want to see some FCC recognition in Oktoberfest since they're a German based team while the Reds and Bengals could get Rivertown and Coney Mall. Nothing huge but something for people to notice while they're in the park.

The Reds stand head and shoulders about all local area sports teams, and I think any reciprocal proportions between KI and the Reds would be a huge benefit to both parties.   When you think Cincinnati, the Reds are one of the first things you identify the city with.

IMO, removing the Reds HOF Grille for some hipster looking Brewhouse was a terrible mistake. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't underestimate UC's presence in the region.  They're responding to NKU's growth by investing a ton in expanding to accommodate their ever growing enrollment. A large chunk of UC grads stay in the tri-state area, too.   

In terms of sports, Fickell has the football program in a very good position even if he leaves and Brannen has a bright future with men's basketball.  Women's basketball and baseball are taking off, too.